Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Bluray hack available - Help if you can
Topic Started: Aug 23 2015, 08:44 AM (831 Views)
candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
As you all may or may not know, the DRM on Bluray is very aggressive and no working decryption keys have been made public for 3 or 4 years now. This means no recent Blurays have been playable on PC without the use of commerical software like PowerDVD, AnyDVD, DVDFab etc.

Recently, nalor on the doom9 forum has released FindVUK, a program that is able to extract the VUK key from any Bluray supported by DVDFabPasskey (for which you can currently get a free license until august 31). I've tried it any it works. However, DVDFab is probably going to close those loophole soon. So in the meantime get as much keys as possible and contribute them to public database using AACS Updater. This way, these discs will remain unlocked forever and no commercial software will ever be needed again to play them (ignoring discs with BDPlus protection for a moment). Act now since as soon as DVDFab blocks FindVUK (let's hope they won't) the party is over!
DVD Collection
European Adult VHS/DVD releases
Cult Actors: Identified
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Does every (new) Bluray come with these harsh DRMs or is it up to the label if they put this strict decryption on the disc or not?

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
AACS encryption is mandatory on BluRay. It was optional on HDDVD. So this crap is on all Blurays and does nothing to prevent piracy. Even if shady programs like AnyDVD and DVDFab did not exist it would still be possible to do HDMI captures (HDCP has been broken). So the only thing AACS does is increase costs and prevent free playback of your own discs

BD+ protection is optional. Not many discs use it as far as I know
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Btw, if you dont know what this thing actually does, here's a little story of my own experience several years ago

1. Bought some Blurays, lets call them Discs type A
2. Also bought a BD drive for my computer. It came with a LEGAL FULL version of PowerDVD
3. Playback of Discs A works fine
4. PowerDVD gets hacked. Its player certificate is revoked by AACS on Discs type B and following. A is now no longer produced
5. Keep buying Blurays. One of them is Disc type B
6. Insert Disc B in my drive. Disc B instructs BD drive to block PowerDVD
7. I can no longer play Blurays. Not only type B is blocked but also type A which I could play before
8. Go to PowerDVD website. No updates available. Please buy new version for $$$

So fuck AACS, this shit should be illegal

Edited by candela, Sep 5 2015, 07:24 AM.
DVD Collection

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks for the answer.
This is really fucked up and I wish I had an Bluray drive so that I could contribute.

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
FindVUK 0.62 now supports other DVDFab products such as Media Player. This works much better for me than Passkey which often locks the drive or crashes

It so happens DVDFab is giving aways free licenses for Media Player until the end of september
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Recently AACS Updater has been updated to v2.0 . FindVUK is now at v0.98

I can't stress enough how important it is to get keys for your discs while you still can (and hopefully you will contribute your keys to the the public database). It's the only method that can guarantee playback of your discs in the future (yes, no licensed player/equipment can give you this guarantee)

Let me give some better instructions:

Playback [basic or no menu support, BD+ version up to 3, only discs that are in public database]
1. Install VLC from VideoLAN
2. Install AACS Updater from LabDV
3. Run AACS Updater to get public disc database
4. Run VLC to playback disc

Contribute discs to public database needed for playback [more for technically inclined people but not really difficult]
1. Install any DVDFab product
2. Install AACS Updater from LabDV
2. Install FindVUK
3. Run FindVUK to get disc details from DVDFab
4. Run AACS Updater to contribute disc to public database [by default this is also done by FindVUK]
Edited by candela, Aug 25 2016, 05:53 PM.
DVD Collection

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
How about for ex. Chinese cheapo BD drives, do they all have DRM support? They (The Chinese) don't always follow the rules. ^_^
Posted Image

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Member-X
Aug 30 2016, 09:49 AM
How about for ex. Chinese cheapo BD drives, do they all have DRM support? They (The Chinese) don't always follow the rules. ^_^
No the DRM is on the disc, in the drive and in the player. A drive simply provides data to a software player when asked. At most, the drive could not implement player revocation (i.e. keep talking to hacked players) or give data to non-official players (several old drives were hacked, e.g. I have flashed my LG drive with such a firmware). But this doesn't really help with playback for which a decryption key is needed. This key is only available in official licensed players. If drive would be made on purpose to circumvent some of the DRM features, it would be blacklisted by all official players and you would not be able to use it
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Progress is being made, free ripper with BD+ removal is now available BlurayTestAndDecrypt

This requires existing keys and BD+ tables:
-Keys need to be in public VLC database or grabbed from DVDFab player using FindVUK
-BD+ repair tables are currently grabbed from PavTube player trial version since its easy to use

hopefully coming in the near future :
- BD+ table loading in VLC for realtime playback
- public database of BD+ tables
DVD Collection

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply