Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
email notifications
Topic Started: Sep 17 2015, 03:07 PM (622 Views)
okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Member-X
Sep 24 2015, 05:20 PM
Anyone else have problems with non-us characters?
For example the character is all screwed up. (Second letter in the picture)
The character is rendering just fine.
Testing a few characters:

Quote:

Maybe your computer has a problem with rendering the font properly?
Edited by okerlo, Sep 27 2015, 11:18 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Which operating system and internet browser are you using?
I'm editing this post to expand my thoughts: I think that the problem actually lies within your system.
The font rendering of your operating system could be the problem but lets try something easier first:

I don't know where you come from and with which settings your browser installed itself but one reason why the text is showing up funny on your screen could be the text encoding of the browser.
On Mozilla Firefox for instance you're able to change the text encoding to several different options. In the Menu Bar you click on View -> Text Encoding then you choose the option you want to use. (At least this is where you can find it on FireFox 41.0)
As far as I can tell I always used "Western" but "Unicode" seems to work fine, too and I'm actually surprised that my browser wasn't set to it by default.

If we are lucky then this already solves your problem.
Edited by okerlo, Sep 28 2015, 03:47 PM.

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Member-X
Sep 29 2015, 02:20 PM
okerlo
Sep 28 2015, 11:26 AM
Which operating system and internet browser are you using?
I'm editing this post to expand my thoughts: I think that the problem actually lies within your system.
The font rendering of your operating system could be the problem but lets try something easier first:

I don't know where you come from and with which settings your browser installed itself but one reason why the text is showing up funny on your screen could be the text encoding of the browser.
On Mozilla Firefox for instance you're able to change the text encoding to several different options. In the Menu Bar you click on View -> Text Encoding then you choose the option you want to use. (At least this is where you can find it on FireFox 41.0)
As far as I can tell I always used "Western" but "Unicode" seems to work fine, too and I'm actually surprised that my browser wasn't set to it by default.

If we are lucky then this already solves your problem.
W7 and FF.

But it's only on this forum(!!!). All letters works a ok on other sites. :blink:
I just saw that the forum is indeed encoding text with windows-1252 instead of UTF-8 which seems to be pretty much standard on modern websites. Nonetheless I don't know if windows-1252 itself is the problem but the forum in general seems to have problems with the encoding.

Maybe Miltos can do something about it but my guess is that the programmers over at zetaboards did something horribly wrong with the coding and now we need to suffer because there is no solution, sorry Member-X :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply