Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MONDO MACABRO upcoming releases
Topic Started: Jan 20 2007, 06:30 AM (5,394 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
A friend sent me Mondo Macabro's entire 12 episode series of EUROTIKA recently. It is the tv series they made before the Mondo Macabro tv series - and it's fabulous. And no, it's not just "erotic" movies but just as much horror movies as well. I wish they would put out an official set. Hell, I wish they would put out a complete set of the Mondo Macabro series as well so you could have them all collected in one release.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I changed the thread title. Let's use this thread to talk about new (and old) MM releases.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Oh crap! :o

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
If they can still include the extras despite it being dvd-r then I'm certainly positive to the idea of dvd-r reprints.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
The dvd-r's that don't work after a few years (actually after 6 months!!) are the ones from SWV and I strongly believe it has to do with the glue they use for the disc labels.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
It's a fact that a good number of people, including myself, have experienced that Something Weird Video's dvd-r releases do indeed "rot", i.e. they start to freeze, skip, and eventually stop working. However, I'm 99% sure this is due to the glue on the paper labels that SWV stick on the discs. I've had SWV dvd-r's that started to go bad after 6 months! :(

I think it's a brilliant idea that MM are willing to make their out-of-print films available as print-on-demand dvd-r's for those fans who can't find them/don't have the money or wish to fork over steep collector's prices for rare OOP editions.

I don't see the problem that some serious collectors might have with it. If you're a serious collector it shouldn't be a problem that they exist on dvd-r. Is it a problem to the VHS collector that a film exists on dvd or bluray? Of course not! All you have to do is track down the original dvd version! Besides, even if MM were to skip the dvd-r format and instread print up a batch of new dvd's, how would that benefit the collection of the serious collector? It would still be a second printing! A reprint!! No good for the anal, serious collector anyway. He wants the 1st print edition. B)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply