Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WHAT!! NO 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' TOPIC TITLE??; Well, I'll just make my own then!
Topic Started: Mar 23 2007, 06:07 PM (878 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
This board really needs a place for new members to introduce themselves, you kinda become more familiar with folks this way (yeah, I know; sappy!) :rolleyes:

Anyway, G'day, I'm Jack J and I've just joined today :ph43r:

I discovered this place over at WORLDWEIRD CINEMA where the editor had a link in connection with a ref to Onar film's up-coming DVD (which I'll be getting from Sazuma as soon as it hits the stores!). I've watched horror flicks for longer than I care to remember (i.e. am ready for that swell place at the retirement home any day soon) and around 1990 I discovered Hong Kong horror flicks (through a UK based fanzine called "In the Flesh").
Of course back then only hardcore tape-traders knew about these flicks but these days it seems like everyone and his ugly cousin know about Asian horror and exploitation movies. Not so the Turkish and what-have-you flicks from around the world so that's why I'm thrilled to bits to find this forum. Brilliant indeed!
Oh, yeah, and btw, the other site WORLDWEIRD CINEMA is pretty cool too, I believe the editor of that place is here somewhere. Talking about editors, I kinda publish a couple of zines myself. One is called "Banned in Britain" (gore, splatter) and the other is "Stay Sick!" (all round psychotronic flicks) but, uh, I'm a lazy sod sometimes so they're pretty irregular <_<
I'm also into Indonesean flicks (Barry Prima + Suzzanna rule) and I like US cop shows from the 70ies (stable food in my house when I grew up). I think that's about it (uhh, and I can't wait for that double feature from Onar B)

Jack J
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Welcome to the forum, Jack J :)

Well, a good idea, I'm glad you're the first who started. But I don't know, I don't really wanna "force" people to introduce themselves. I guess we discover them through their posts. But if any member -new or old- wanna talk about himself, here's the right topic!

Oh, and topic titles in capitals please, this is one of our forum's strange rules :D

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Thanks Miltos.

Topic titles in capital letters? A weird world indeed! :lol:

Jack

2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yeah, it's a weird world B)

But as you can see I follow your idea and I've just created this INTRODUCE YOURSELF page !!

So in fact you're the first introducing yourself in our forum :)

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Ahh, I've made my mark on the world. Now I can go away in peace :rolleyes:

Jack

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yes, you did I suppose! Finally I created a big ANNOUNCEMENTS, FEEDBACK & SELF-INTRODUCTIONS room but was actually your idea :D

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
New members please reply to this topic if you like to introduce yourselves.
Please tell us your name, your country, about your favourite genres and films, what are you looking for, things like that...

Of course is optional but it will help the other members to understand who you are quickly.

This is a new thread based on an idea of the member Jack C :)

stephen grimes
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Stephen Grimes here,currently living in southern France but originally from London(central).I'm into Italian crime/giallo/horror and have been since the mid 1990's when i started off buying tapes from Bill Deathland,Miltos etc,now i collect dvds and dvd-r's of the rarer titles as well as original Italian locandine/fotobuste of these movies,if anyone has any posters for sale please e-mail and i may be interested.

ajji
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
well, I'm not exactly new here, but here goes:

my name is Ajmal, and I'm from Pakistan. I'm 35, male, married & father of one (I can still pass for a 25 year old, though.... :lol: ) Professionally, I'm a Graphic Designer and working in advertising. I'm also an illustrator (I love comix!), photographer and writer. I love films, but wasn't really a fan of horror until about 7-8 years back. A friend in USA introduced me to 'giallos' and Euro-crimers about 5-6 years back, and I was instantly hooked. more Euro-sleaze, and cult/obscure stuff was provided by my good friend Wayne from UK, who also prompted me to visit this site. It was also thru him and Antonio in Italy that I came to realize how much of a cult following there is in the world for Pakistani films! :o

I look forward to making new acquantances and doing trades here. However, as I've explained elsewhere, trading is extremely tricky for me because of stupid local regulations: no cd or dvd can be sent thru mail. I can recieve cds/dvds from abroad, but even that is risky, as sometimes the customs people keep the stuff, or make us pay thru the nose for it. The only way is giving the films to someone who may be going abroad or coming to Pakistan. Sometimes that means waiting a long time, but so far my trades have worked out fine.

I'm mostly interested in cult/weird thrillers, giallos, mysteries, moody horror, international art-house fare, erotic/sleaze, etc. And by default, I'm something of an expert on Hindi cinema (but very little Hindi horror, unfortunately... :D ), and to a lesser degree, Pakistani cinema. Basically, I'll try to help out wherever I can.

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
I see older members also introduce themselves, that's pretty interesting, maybe I shall introduce myself too :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply