Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LE DONNE DELLA DOMENICA; rare giallo on tv tonight
Topic Started: Apr 6 2007, 08:54 PM (1,288 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Those of you who live in Europe and who are able to watch RAI UNO from Italy you might wanna stay up late tonight (Friday 6th) as they're going to screen the rarely seen giallo Le donne della domenica aka The Sunday Woman by Luigi Comencini from 1976.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
You forgot to provide which hour, my friend...A very nice film, though not really strong. It was out on Greek VHS as you could see in the Museum !!

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
According to their teletext it's on at 3:20 - 4:05 AM.

A weak one you say? Hm, okay, but I think I'll tape it anyway. It is a giallo after all :rolleyes:

(and I'll check out your cover at the museum)

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
How rare is that tape in Greece for example?
Posted Image

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
It is one of the rarest Greek tapes. In fact I'm the only one among the collectors in Greece who has it :rolleyes:

I bought it twice about 17 years ago and -beleive me- I haven't seen it anywhere since then. I don't really know why some tapes are so rare, I guess they had a very limited release? Anyway, if someone else has it please let me know. Of course someone outside Greece should have a copy as I gave away one many years ago - I don't remember who took it actually...

I've seen it then so i don't remember the film very well. I'm sure is nothing really strong, sleazy & bloody but I keep it in the back of my head as a good giallish thriller !!

By the way Greek tape is in English. Label is Lava Films (extremely rare company!) and the quality is not good...Colours are not sharp but -worse of all- sound is very low. Both tapes I found was in that similar bad quality. A few small old Greek labels with a few releases only had bad quality sometimes... Anyway, if anyone wants a DVD-R please e-mail for a trade or something...

I.V.C._doctor
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Μiltos is right.This tape is among the rarest in greece along with TWO FACES OF TERROR.I am searching for it for about 10 years and I have never came across it.Its a mystery to me that some tapes in greece were so rare for no reason.For a example there was a greek release of jess franco's BLOODY JUDGE in Italian language.For year I thought it was just a rumour but suddenly one day I found it in a werehouse filled with VHS.From that day I have never ever seen it again.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: cosundaygirl.jpg (66.49 KB)

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Nikos, I thought only me was on line today :)

Franco's BLOODY JUDGE is also extremely rare, also his COUNT DRACULA.
I search for BLOODY JUDGE for years !!

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
20 years ago I had found one of the rarest Greek tapes, DEBORAH by General Video !!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072710/

I was so stupid then that I gave it to a collector from UK (I think...)

Now the film is a ghost :ph43r:

A rather slow & bad film but an extremely rare find...

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I.V.C._doctor
Apr 7 2007, 08:01 AM
Μiltos is right.This tape is among the rarest in greece along with TWO FACES OF TERROR.I am searching for it for about 10 years and I have never came across it.Its a mystery to me that some tapes in greece were so rare for no reason.For a example there was a greek release of jess franco's BLOODY JUDGE in Italian language.For year I thought it was just a rumour but suddenly one day I found it in a werehouse filled with VHS.From that day I have never ever seen it again.

What label was The Bloody Judge with italian audio released on? The same as the one with english audio?
Posted Image

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
After having watched the film on Italian TV last night I must admit you're right, Miltos; a 'weak' giallo! Worlds apart from the best entries to the genre. I guess watching it in Italian didn't help much either.

You asked for other people who have the org. Greek video. Look what I came about when I searched for the title yesterday: a DVD-R shop that sells copies off the Greek tape:

http://www.electric-larvae.com/giallo.html

So there's at least one more who's got it.

Jack

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply