Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
LE DONNE DELLA DOMENICA; rare giallo on tv tonight
Topic Started: Apr 6 2007, 08:54 PM (1,267 Views)
cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yes, it's not a legend or a deleted announcement...I bought it from Memos shop ages ago. I watched it and it was rather mediocre so I sold it for 20 GBP.

I was too young and I knew nothing, I wish I had never sold it :(

In fact I was so stupid that I didn't hold even a copy for myself. My opinion back then was "if you don't like it sell it or trade it with something better". I couldn't imagine how rare it was, in fact it was one of the first tapes I bought. I remember Memos shop had most of the Sunset/Sunrise VHS for sale still sealed, not fake bootlegs but those originals for rental. I bought all Rollin films there. The shop had tons of rarities but I bought only a few because I didn't know what the rest were about. My God, how could I be so stupid? :angry:

I remember the cover - you know General Video covers have a picture into a TV screen. It had the leading actress' face only, nothing special, but even that face alone was bizarre, with a strange look...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Greece was a paradise for impossible-to-find films in english uncut versions! You're lucky living there!
Quote Post Goto Top

Mario
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
This one was released on VHS here (by Taurovideo) but as it is stared Marcello Mastroianni and Jacqueline Bisset didn't think it would be a giallo. But is it a giallo (as we know it) or just partial?
'Salvare la faccia' is not a giallo!!!

A.N.
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
It is a thriller in "comedy Italian style", to say so.
It is adapted from a famous Italian giallo novel, "La donna della domenica" (=The Sunday lady) by novelists Fruttero and Lucentini.
It's a good film, not a giallo like Argento and the likes, but still a good film.

Mario
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Quote:

It's a good film, not a giallo like Argento and the likes, but still a good film.

Thast's what I thought...
'Salvare la faccia' is not a giallo!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply