Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Introducing Yourself !
Topic Started: Aug 8 2007, 03:38 PM (36,882 Views)
kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Hi there;

Thought it appropriate to introduce myself!

My name is Teade (from the Netherlands), someone told me about the nice forum you all have here and I couldn’t resist to register...

Been collecting old (mostly) Dutch VHS for some time, haven’t got the biggest collection or so but I’m still incurably obsessed by these mouldy old VHS tapes from the “golden years”...

Mostly “Euro-thrash”, but also bad US horror from the 60’s to the late 80’s.

Love Mattei, Damato, Franco, Fulci, Margheriti, Garrone etc...
Giallo, Poliziotti, Spaghetti Westerns, WIP and Nazi/Nunsploitation but also crappy spy movies, over-the-top mercenary/NAM actioners and rusty old war movies.

Been hunting videostores since I was about 16, copying those old movies to be able to still watch them after those stores had already dumped them.
99% of these (and a lot more) I’m happy to own on the original (ex rental) VHS format these days...
I’m 31 now and still (or even more) infected...
The last few years I’ve become a bit more active in collecting.
Allthough living up north in the Netherlands, far away from big cities with big videostores and not having a drivers license I still managed to find some nice stuff through the years.
It might also be because small towns had small videostores with smaller budgets and less customers.
Thats probably why they had all of those cheap dubbed Italian B movies instead of the more expensive block-busters.
All of those stores are gone these days I’m afraid...

Seen the VHS room and drooled allover my keyboard so I decided to register.

Last weekend I found “Wide Eyed In The Dark” by Lenzi (searched for that one for allmost 15 years, went wild when I saw those scans in the Video For Pleasure thread), “Born Winner” by Aldo Lado and “Monster Shark” by Bava; all three on Video For Pleasure...
...Quite happy with these finds!

Found some other stuff I already had but couldn’t resist to take with me.
The thought that these just might end up somewhere in a dumpster because allmost nobody appreciates them made me feel real bad, so I just had to take them.
Sometimes I just can’t refuse...
Maybe someone might want to do a swap one of these days...

As I’m in a constant war with modern technology (hence my choice of format-VHS) it might take some time for me to get a scanner installed and learn how to upload pictures but I’m hoping to bore you all with some sleeve-scans/photos in the coming weeks...

Anyhow; “Hello to you all”...

Teade
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I felt right at home the minute i entered that VHS room :D
Posted Image

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Last sunday I managed to reach home after a ten mile trip with a large, loaded bananabox full of ex-rentals, by bicycle...

Ever noticed how these old ex-rentals weigh much heavier than those newer tapes produced at the end of the "VHS era"?

Anyhow, for "Wide Eyed In The Dark" I'd even crawl all the way B)

Luckily the weather was on my side!
Posted Image

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
petcor80
Feb 20 2008, 03:07 PM
Jack J
Feb 7 2008, 12:55 PM
My story is kinda like yours (and probably most others); I also started with copying all those films back when you couldn't buy them (and the DVD wasn't invented). Hell, I don't even have a drivers' license either and I live in a copy of Holland as well  :lol:  :lol:

I am am bit late in reading this thread, but Damn, My story is exactly like Teade's. Also no drivers licence!!

And while the Netherlands is small, we still live a couple of hours away from each other if we go by public transport... so we will trade through the mail :D

Though I'm a "newbe" myself I say "welcome" to you; Ian F.

Hope you'll feel at home, I know I do :)

Hey Peter;

I'm working on a driverslicense!

Looking forward to trading with you, ready when you are :D

...by the way; you have a PM ;)
Posted Image

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Hi there and welcome FIxed and Cannon Films...

If I should post a Cannon scan or whatever people are free to use it as I don't own any rights to post these myself :P

When I post a cover-scan it's for people to enjoy.
The more people to enjoy it, the better :)

So feel free to use these...
Posted Image

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Jack J
Apr 15 2008, 01:21 PM
Welcome to Cinehound, Chris.

Hm, we'll soon be speaking Dutch in here.  :lol:

Jack

Posted Image

Welcome Chris! :P
Posted Image

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Well, welcome then ;)

Hope you'll enjoy CINEHOUND, I know I do :)
Posted Image

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Hi Rob!

Welcome aboard :)

Posted Image

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
The more the merrier them say ;)
Posted Image

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
oomrie
Jul 29 2008, 06:04 PM

Is that shelf still holding up kingofB? :D

Had to make some strengthening because the wood started to bend badly from the weight of all these tapes after some years ;)

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply