Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Introducing Yourself !
Topic Started: Aug 8 2007, 03:38 PM (36,573 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey all,

My name is Ian and I run the website HK AND CULT FILM NEWS (hkfilmnews.blogspot.com). I'm a huge fan of cult cinema especially unofficial foreign remakes. I have a copy of Turkish First Blood on the way as we speak. I'm also a huge kung fu and HK action nut. I recently have been getting into Filipino and Indonesian action films as a result of seeing Rambo and discovering this magical torrent site that seems to be run by the combined brain trust of DVD Maniacs and Cinehound :).

I watched RAIDERS OF THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE last night and sadly there was no stolen RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK music. I love stolen music because some people like Cheng Cheh can work magic and make it truly their own (ie Seven Man Army, 5 Shaolin Masters, etc) and sometimes its just ridiculous, yet equally satisfying.

I look forward to posting here a lot. I was wondering what is the cheapest way I can convert a PAL tape to NTSC? I've always been wanting to buy PAL VHS tapes, with the holy grail being those Greek Ex-Rentals
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

cinehound
Feb 19 2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the forum, Ian F :)

Your blog is excellent, congratulations !! And thanx for the nice words :rolleyes:

As for PAL tapes, I don't know if it's easy to find a multisystem VCR these days (even used), but you could also buy a converter. You could find some on ebay. I have a very good converter in excellent condition, useless now as I have a multisystem VCR, but I suppose you can find a good one easily from US (on ebay).

Thanks for your kind comments! I look forward to posting here a lot. I'll keep an eye out on ebay for a convertor.

Thanks!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jack J
Feb 24 2008, 06:21 PM
Ian F
Feb 19 2008, 03:19 PM
Hey all,

My name is Ian and I run the website HK AND CULT FILM NEWS (hkfilmnews.blogspot.com). I'm a huge fan of cult cinema especially unofficial foreign remakes. I have a copy of Turkish First Blood on the way as we speak. I'm also a huge kung fu and HK action nut. I recently have been getting into Filipino and Indonesian action films as a result of seeing Rambo and discovering this magical torrent site that seems to be run by the combined brain trust of DVD Maniacs and Cinehound :).

I watched RAIDERS OF THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE last night and sadly there was no stolen RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK music. I love stolen music because some people like Cheng Cheh can work magic and make it truly their own (ie Seven Man Army, 5 Shaolin Masters, etc) and sometimes its just ridiculous, yet equally satisfying.

I look forward to posting here a lot. I was wondering what is the cheapest way I can convert a PAL tape to NTSC? I've always been wanting to buy PAL VHS tapes, with the holy grail being those Greek Ex-Rentals

Hello Ian welcome to Cinehound...

...and then: Hmmm... Ian F... where have I heard that before??? :huh:

Hmm, *thinking, thinking*... you're also Ian F who asked me about Indo flicks over at Dvdmaniacs... hmm, *thinking even harder*... hmm... *something dawns on Jack J* :o You said 'HK and cult dvd news'!! Gott im himmel!! you are Gfanikf from ADG! :o :o
When I first joined you wrote to me and told me I could get ANGEL from Flashlegs! I'm Gynther Meyer from ADG, ha ha :lol:
Did you realise this when you wrote to me the other day? No, it doesn't matter but it's funny how you can deal with the same people repeatedly and not realise it. Oh well.

Jack

LOL That's amazing I never realized that Angel and Gynther were the same as Jack J. I am sometimes completely oblivious to the most obvious things.

Thats so crazy!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply