Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Introducing Yourself !
Topic Started: Aug 8 2007, 03:38 PM (36,668 Views)
candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Hi, I'm from Belgium and I found this forum while looking for greek DVD info and decided to register.

Thanks to the dvd format and the internet I got exposed to a different kind of cinema a few years ago and have been enjoying these kind of movies ever since. The movie that showed me the light was the spanish horror film Tombs of the Blind Dead. After finding a UK import DVD of Jess Franco's Vampyros Lesbos in a local video store (I'm still wondering how it got there) I was hooked.

I enjoy most genres but my favorites are probably gothic horror and spaghetti westerns because of their atmosphere and outspoken visual style. Hence, Mario Bava is my favorite director (not very original I know :)). Some other well known directors I really like: Antonio Margheriti, Umberto Lenzi, Sergio Sollima, Jess Franco, Harry Kumel, etc.

Identifying actors is something I find interesting although it's been limited to adult films lately so my site has been kind of "dead". Some of you may know me from EGAFD where I post regularly. I also did several (mostly technical) reviews of dvds for DVDBeaver and 10KBullets in the past and contributed many screenshots for comparison on A Fistful of DVDs.

I'm mainly interested in the DVD format for watching movies. I do not even have a VHS player anymore. I find the quality simply too afwul to be able to enjoy the films (although many dvds I own are not better). Also I have actually never seen these VHS anywhere where I live. However, I really like looking at old VHS covers for their cover art and especially the Dutch titles which are no longer used in Belgium and Holland. For a similar reason I love the old Belgian cinema posters and have started to index the Dutch titles. However the workload is quite high and tedious so I don't know if I'll keep it up for long and create the site I intended. We will see...
DVD Collection
European Adult VHS/DVD releases
Cult Actors: Identified
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply