Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Introducing Yourself !
Topic Started: Aug 8 2007, 03:38 PM (36,599 Views)
Jarkko K
[ * ]
Hello everyone,

I'm a 25-year-old film enthusiast & collector from Joensuu, Finland (near the Russian border). My favourite film as a kid was American Ninja. We used to watch it like every day with my brother. It still kicks ass! I started collecting films about 12 years ago, one of the first targets being the films of John Travolta (I had ex-rentals of the "Look Who's Talking" -trilogy :unsure: Ok, they sucked even then but naturally I had to have them all). Luckily, soon I started looking for uncut horror films. One of the reasons for this was a TV-sreening of "The Return of the Living Dead", which was cancelled just before the showtime, some politician had got his way. It made everyone angry. Then at some point, I somehow got interested in spaghetti westerns.

Nowadays I collect mainly Finnish VHS & Beta ex-rentals: Italian cult cinema, blaxploitation etc. I'm also into DVD, 8 & 16mm, Laserdisc... I used to do some trades a few years back, I remember especially Bill from Greece and Nils from Denmark.

I'm quite lazy to write anything but I really enjoy reading this forum, especially stories about collecting tapes. Addiction is the same everywhere!

Here's a few pics of my own collection:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jarkko K
[ * ]
petcor80
Aug 10 2008, 11:33 AM
welcome Jarkko!
nice collection there!!
I see a Sunrise tape in there with the title Lady Dynamite, we don't have it's number in "the Sunrise list" yet. Could you scan it's cover?!?! (and trade it with me :D) would be very cool.

Thank you!

I sure can make a scan of Lady Dynamite, it might take a few days though, I'm having technical problems with my work computer.

Don't know about trading it, I might consider if you happen to have an extra copy of the Finnish "¡Mátalo!" -tape ;)

Jarkko K
[ * ]
Jack J
Aug 10 2008, 04:07 PM
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD was cancelled by a politician!! Whoah!!!  :blink:

Yeah, it was un-fucking-believable. I think the other Finnish users on this board might remember the whole story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply