Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Introducing Yourself !
Topic Started: Aug 8 2007, 03:38 PM (37,177 Views)
Stephen Gladwin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Hello there! Steve Gladwin here. I am a film fanatic (with a serious soft spot for horror/cult films the world over) who has written about horror and cult film online (hey! Remember Midnight Video's old site with the reviews? I wrote those so many years ago, and started the "Cut DVD" comparison page. Ahh...memories) and in print (Indonesian cinema chapter of FEAR WITHOUT FRONTIERS, the chapter for Contemporary Mexican horror for the upcoming "Vampiros and Monstruos" book), and DVD liner notes (Image's release of BOXER'S OMEN).

But enough about me. WHAT ABOUT THIS FORUM! What a revelation! I credit this forum and its wonderfully knowledgable fans with revitalizing my interest in rare horror. Your enthusiasm is infectious. I must admit for the last year or so I've felt somewhat "burned out" on horror (!) and have resumed watching other films (Tarkovsky, Pasolini, Fassbinder, Hong Kong action). But the dedication, attention to detail, and sheer enthusiasm here has literally made me go to my shelves and re-watch (or at least dust off the DVD/VHS cases and gawk at the artwork) some of these films. Thanks guys. I really needed this!

Anyways, I'd thought I'd kick things off with a few choice images from my collection. I can't compete with the members' collection of original VHS (videohunter...eegads man! I am kowtowing in your presence!), but I like collecting "peripheral" memorabilia like poster books, lobby cards, fanzines, and general film books. Here's a little of each:

First off, one of my favorite poster books. I have a handful of Japanese "poster guide" books, but this is the undisputed CHAM-PEEN, with nearly 150 pages of full color (ok, last 10 are b/w) poster reproductions! Many posters I haven't seen anywhere else but in this book:

Posted Image

Next few pics are page samples from the Japanese horror poster book:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next up is an original Hong Kong poster for the Lam Ching-Ying horror/action film MAGIC COP (a personal favorite). Now if I could just dig up my poster for Sammo Hung's SPOOKY SPOOKY...

Posted Image

Finally, a smattering of European fanzines/photobooks (I'm sure some of us remember these!). The D'Amato one is signed by ol' Joe himself...

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stephen Gladwin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Wow, that's very flattering sleazeman2001! That kind of stuff makes my day:) Thanks again.

And thank you too to videohunter for your compliments about those reviews!

Stephen Gladwin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Yeah it is a great book BELOWaverage! Like I said, the best of the Japanese horror poster books I have. If you want me to look for any other posters in the book and scan the page, I can...

Stephen Gladwin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Hey BELOWaverage! Sorry, this book doesn't have pics of MEET THE FEEBLES or ROBOWAR (not pure horror titles). BUT, I did find three posters of ISLAND OF THE FISHMEN (kinda small, but here they are anyway). I also scanned a few more pages of rare posters of old Hammer and Euro-horror, as well as some Japanese posters (and what look like lobbies or pressbook covers) for THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.

Hmm, a poster thread would be a good idea! Maybe later tonight or tomorrow I'll start one with a few shots of more of my original posters...

ISLAND OF FISHMEN:

Posted Image

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON:

Posted Image

HAMMER:

Posted Image

Posted Image

THE AWFUL DR ORLOF:

Posted Image

MILL OF THE STONE WOMEN and EYES WITHOUT A FACE:

Posted Image

Stephen Gladwin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Gee, you didn't just win the SLAUGHTER HOTEL gorgon VHS did you (pictured below)? If so, I'd sure like a DVD-R transfer of that one since I lost to you :lol:

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply