Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Got something to say about Asian movies
Topic Started: Sep 26 2007, 03:30 PM (10,445 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Unfortunately it seems that CORPSE MANIA and SEEDING OF A GHOST may very well be Mandarin only DVDs which is unfortunate as the original language for these films is Cantonese. The Celestial DVD of SEEDING has both dialects and the VCD of CORPSE has both as well (and pretty good picture quality).

Apparently Image (the US video company) has only bought the rights for the Mandarin track - just like they did with BOXER'S OMEN (which has both tracks on the VCD as well). What a bummer if this is how it's going to be!!! :angry:

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aymanoglu
Unregistered

Jack what have you done here old boy? ASIAN EXPLOITATION CINEMA has really kicked off. If this grows any bigger I'm afraid I'll have to bribe you to end this section, you've grabbed all our readers! :D

Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Aymanoglu
Nov 7 2007, 10:51 AM
Jack what have you done here old boy? ASIAN EXPLOITATION CINEMA has really kicked off. If this grows any bigger I'm afraid I'll have to bribe you to end this section, you've grabbed all our readers!  :D

Yeah, soon everyone will forget about Turkish cinema and Onar will start releasing Indo and HK films, ha ha (joking, of course <_< ). Thanks, Ayman. Oh, and I just watched BŁyŁ last night. Pretty good.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Aymanoglu
Unregistered

You traitor :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Aymanoglu
Nov 7 2007, 11:49 AM
You traitor :lol:

For having turned 'Asian' or for submitting to a Turko flick while being on an Asian trek? :lol: :lol:

Jack

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Hey fellas,
I'd just like to mention that the new fully uncut German version of RUN AND KILL has finally come out!!!

If you're not familiar with this film but if you like gory HK horror flicks rated Cat. III then this is not something you wanna miss out on! Simon Yam being at his most psychotic self (movie 'self' I hope, LOL)!! So far the only way of seeing this uncut is the French DVD which has no English subs. The HK DVD is cut.

It's released as a double bill with another old HK nasty INTRUDER (which I don't think I've watched before but Andras made a post over at Asian Dvd Guide saying it's excellent).

Spannick mentioned (also at ADG) that it won't be available at German Amazon but you can get it from D&T (in Austria):

http://shop.dtm.at/product_info.php?products_id=33944

Jack

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Twitch had a great item on cat III movies last year:
http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/twitch-o-m...ry-iii-madness/
from the descriptions there I want to see both these movies!!

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
petcor80
Jan 2 2008, 06:22 PM
from the descriptions there I want to see both these movies!!

If you like your Cat. III flicks violent, psychotic and over-the-top then you're gonna love RUN AND KILL! I've only watched the cut HK DVD and I can't wait for the postie to hand this over to me. That scene with Kent Cheng running thru a doorway with his son when Kent suddenly discovers that... that scene is burnt into my brain forever!

Jack

andras
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
petcor80
Jan 2 2008, 06:22 PM
Twitch had a great item on cat III movies last year

THE CAT and SCARRED MEMORY has never been rated cat.III. The Cat doesn't even have anything in it that would warrant such rating.Scarred is very mild too...and Runaway Pistol is pretty bad. Strange choices there, I say....

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I am no expert on these movies at all, but there was indeed some discussion about the qualification of some of these movies in the responses to the post. And the Twitch list was supposed to be strange (at least not the obvious) choices, so you are also correct there :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply