Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Got something to say about Asian movies
Topic Started: Sep 26 2007, 03:30 PM (10,444 Views)
dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I got hold of a VCD in a swap some days ago. I believe its a thai VCD but I dont know, there is no english on the cover so I have no idea of what movie it is. But the front cover had a girl with snakes as hair and that always is good.
Now I by chance stumbled upon this poster on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snake-Head-Woman-F...160704608634%26
That is the exact same picture as on my cover, so I think it must be the same movie. But I cant find any information about the movie when I search for Snake Head Woman.
Does anybody here know what movie it is and have any information about it? Is the title even Snake Head Woman.?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I saw a great documentary about Bruce Lee yesterday. It was called Fist of Fear, Touch of Death. I really learned some new thing. I didn't know there where samurais in Hong Kong and that you could film in color when Bruce Lee's grandfather was young.

...but no. The thing I was going to ask was if anyone know from which movie the footage when Bruce Lee's "grandfather" fought where taken? Really loved those fight scenes. I would imagine that they where taken from another movie, since I don't think that an american filmmaker could do that.

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Yes it certainly was your old tape. You always send the most round packaging ever. But indeed nice movies. :up:

Yes, there is a lot to be desire in terms of fact in that movie, but damn it was great.

Still want to know which film (or films) the scenes are taken from. Any idea?

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Awesome. Thanks a lot bubikoglu. I must start looking for that one then.

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
bubikoglu
Sep 21 2013, 12:23 PM
dekadentast
Sep 21 2013, 08:46 AM
Awesome. Thanks a lot bubikoglu. I must start looking for that one then.

You're welcome!

Shouldn't be too hard for you to track down a tape - there are Dutch, UK, German and US releases. The real challenge will come when trying to find a version that's 100% uncut!

Yes, I looked it up and according to OFDB all releases are cut in some way or another. It is just different cuts. Do you have any tip on which to get?

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I just won an auction on Bruce Lee in New Guinea on Ocean Shores. On the back it says it contains adult material. Is that the version that the German DVD has nude scenes from as extras? Would be really interesting to know if it is different from other versions or if another one also has nude scenes?

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Is the scene where girls swim in the ocean naked on the Danish release?
If it's the naked version it shouldn't look like this.
Posted Image

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Saw the Ocean Shores tape of Bruce Lee in New Guinea a while ago and it didn't have the naked bath scene, but there where another fully naked scene. So it's strange that they didn't had that one.

But I have one more question. Just saw The Lady Punisher yesterday, a truly awesome movie. But I was wondering about the 4-Bidden Asia release. I got that release and what I know it's a UK company that have released VHS through Holland just to get them uncut. So I wasn't that surprised when the tape in the box had a BBFC-symbol of 18 on it. But It was some really strange editing in the movie, editing you only see on Turkish movies otherwise. The running time was about 1h and 11 min. According to other sources it should be longer.
So to my questions:

Does all 4-Bidden Asia releases have a BBFC rating on the tape but not the box?

If anyone have The Lady Punisher, have they also noticed this?

Is there a UK and a Dutch release of The Lady Punisher?

How long should the movie bee?

Thankful for answers.

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Another question about a asian movie I got a hold of on VHS. This time it's Evil Black Magic (1992) on Star Video from HK.
Have seen a VHS-rip of it with subtitles, but this release lacks subtitles. Or not entire, in the beginning there is some subtitles translating some info, but then it's gone. How do I get a hold of this incredible movie with subtitles? Any VCD?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply