Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Got something to say about Asian movies
Topic Started: Sep 26 2007, 03:30 PM (10,439 Views)
bubikoglu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Jack J
Oct 19 2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the info on the DVD. I'm pretty sure I'd already heard of that French DVD and that's why I always say there's no English friendly uncut version other than the UK tape. I don't know about the FS VCD, I've asked on several forums but have never got a reply. Nobody seems to know, LOL. And even if it's uncut the subs are bound to be the usual wonky ones. The UK tape has restored subs in proper English and since the PQ wouldn't be any better on the VCD I'm fine with the tape. BUT if you get the VCD do please let us know about the cut status. :hello!:

The Joy Sales VCD of On The Run is definitely cut and missing the scene with the doctor at the end plus the epilogue.

The French DVD is fully uncut. It's not English friendly but I made a custom English subtitled version of it about a year ago.

I love this film and rate it up there as one of the very best HK new wave action movies. Hard hitting, gritty and no nonsense.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bubikoglu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Jack J
Oct 20 2012, 07:47 PM
bubikoglu
Oct 19 2012, 10:14 PM
Jack J
Oct 19 2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the info on the DVD. I'm pretty sure I'd already heard of that French DVD and that's why I always say there's no English friendly uncut version other than the UK tape. I don't know about the FS VCD, I've asked on several forums but have never got a reply. Nobody seems to know, LOL. And even if it's uncut the subs are bound to be the usual wonky ones.  The UK tape has restored subs in proper English and since the PQ wouldn't be any better on the VCD I'm fine with the tape. BUT if you get the VCD do please let us know about the cut status.  :hello!:

The Joy Sales VCD of On The Run is definitely cut and missing the scene with the doctor at the end plus the epilogue.

The French DVD is fully uncut. It's not English friendly but I made a custom English subtitled version of it about a year ago.

I love this film and rate it up there as one of the very best HK new wave action movies. Hard hitting, gritty and no nonsense.

Thanks for the info, mate! I was thinking about getting the VCD just to have it but I'll scrap that idea now. B)

Cool you made fan subs. Did you translate the dialogue or use subs from one the the old releases?

I transcribed the subs over from the VCD which unfortunately means the last few lines of dialogue from the uncut scenes are not translated. In all honesty, the final scene doesn't add much to the film but I'm someone who can't stand watching censored prints even if it is brief dialogue that's cut from it.

@ SpearheadBT - The pic quality of the French print is ok. A tad soft but no major complaints from my side (but that's coming from someone who has more VHS than DVDs!)

Here are some screenshots below. BTW - if anyone has the French disc and wants Eng subs, drop me a PM and I'll send you the .srt file.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bubikoglu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Member-X
Sep 19 2013, 07:41 PM
dekadentast
Sep 19 2013, 03:57 PM

Still want to know which film (or films) the scenes are taken from. Any idea?

Nope, I've tried asking but so far no luck.

Sorry, I've only seen this post now.
The spliced in footage in question is from Invincible Super Chan from 1971 which was more gory and bloody than most swordplays of its time.

bubikoglu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
dekadentast
Sep 21 2013, 08:46 AM
Awesome. Thanks a lot bubikoglu. I must start looking for that one then.

You're welcome!

Shouldn't be too hard for you to track down a tape - there are Dutch, UK, German and US releases. The real challenge will come when trying to find a version that's 100% uncut!

bubikoglu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
dekadentast
Sep 21 2013, 12:45 PM
bubikoglu
Sep 21 2013, 12:23 PM
dekadentast
Sep 21 2013, 08:46 AM
Awesome. Thanks a lot bubikoglu. I must start looking for that one then.

You're welcome!

Shouldn't be too hard for you to track down a tape - there are Dutch, UK, German and US releases. The real challenge will come when trying to find a version that's 100% uncut!

Yes, I looked it up and according to OFDB all releases are cut in some way or another. It is just different cuts. Do you have any tip on which to get?

Best would be for someone to do an uncut fan composite! :)

There's an uncut bootleg DVD-R (with artwork) but I've not actually seen a copy before. I think prints with the on-screen title Forced to Fight are more complete than the Invincible Super Chan prints. I don't have my copies with me here to double check unfortunately.

bubikoglu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
dekadentast
Dec 8 2013, 11:47 AM
But I have one more question. Just saw The Lady Punisher yesterday, a truly awesome movie. But I was wondering about the 4-Bidden Asia release. I got that release and what I know it's a UK company that have released VHS through Holland just to get them uncut. So I wasn't that surprised when the tape in the box had a BBFC-symbol of 18 on it. But It was some really strange editing in the movie, editing you only see on Turkish movies otherwise. The running time was about 1h and 11 min. According to other sources it should be longer.
So to my questions:

Does all 4-Bidden Asia releases have a BBFC rating on the tape but not the box?

If anyone have The Lady Punisher, have they also noticed this?

Is there a UK and a Dutch release of The Lady Punisher?

How long should the movie bee?

Thankful for answers.

Sounds like your tape is heavily cut unfortunately.

I have the Hong Kong Cat III VCD and it runs for exactly 82 mins 34 secs. Not watched the film in a while but I remember there to be some pretty strong and frequent sex scenes. Nothing hardcore of course but lots of skin. Perhaps it was trimmed for pacing purposes?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply