Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
QUEEN OF BLACK MAGIC?
Topic Started: Sep 28 2007, 09:45 PM (1,527 Views)
Jared
Member Avatar
Star Member
Is this next from Mondo Macabro?

In a subscription email I recieved from MM today, at the bottom where they list upcoming things it said

"Out Now! The Blood Rose
Coming Soon: Mystics In Bali-Remastered! - Silip: Daughters of Eve -
Queen of Black Magic"

Emailing them for more details now.
Try not to pass out Jack. ;)
Worldweird Cinema
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
What!!! Oh my god... how long was I on the floor... oh, for fuck's sake, help me get up... :lol:

That is indeed great news, Jared!!! It seems like this autumn is gonna bring us heaps of very enjoyable stuff. Ahhh, (gone is every depressing thought of too many birthdays as described in the SEEDING thread, ;) ).

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
While we're waiting here's a scan of the Indo VCD version of the film which I bought last week:

Posted Image

It's horrible fullscreen but if nothing else you get the original dialogue.

I also just bought another version; the US VHS release retitled BLACK MAGIC TERROR. It's also fullscreen but in contradiction to my VHS from Belgium it's fully uncut. I haven't compared the two yet but an issue of Is it uncut? once mentioned that there's a few scenes missing some blood in the Belgian version. The Belgian release is superior tho as the letterbox picture is much better (of course, hopefully, none of that will matter anymore when MM put out their DVD next year!!).

Posted Image

And here a poster with the motive from the Belgian VHS

Posted Image

And lastly a US (or Canadian) NTSC VHS (that I don't own):

Posted Image

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jared
Member Avatar
Star Member
Thanks for all those great images, Jack!
Worldweird Cinema

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Jack, where did you bought that Indonesian VCD from? :unsure:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
Oct 6 2007, 06:19 AM
Jack, where did you bought that Indonesian VCD from? :unsure:

Someone at dvdmaniacs forum gave me a tip about a cool Indonesian store in America called ESINDO. They have all sorts of things, CDs, magazines, etc., and quite a few movies on VCD (none of them are subtitled).

None of the films are listed with English titles and I suggest do what I did and simply go thru all the genres. Some movies are not quite where you expect them to be! For instance I found the great LADY EXTERMINATOR (aka I Want To Get Even) in the erotic section!!! (I guess they felt it was 'erotic' because it's a rape and revenge film! :blink: ).

At the moment there's a sale for the older films on VCD as they're selling for $7 but I have a feeling it's a never-ending sale (i.e. they never go back to $10 as was the old price).

So the VCDs are cheap enough, the bitch is the postage! If you live outside of the US you have to pay a standard postage fee no matter how many or few films you order. I forget how much it was but something like 20 bucks or so.

However, they had a few Indo flicks I simply had to have so I ordered a bunch and coughed up the dough! So far I've only made that one order but I must say they are pretty nice people! At first I couldn't quite figure out the postage fee thingy and they even phoned me a couple of times from America to sort it out!! And then because they felt that they had made a mistake they just sent my parcel express with no extra charge. And they included a free horror VCD as a bonus!!! I've never experienced anything like it from any other store!

You can find the store here:

http://www.esindo.com/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app...=cat&ref=Movies

In case you're interested here's the films I bought (apart from the QUEEN OF BLACK MAGIC):

LADY EXTERMINATOR aka I WANT TO GET EVEN
Posted Image

DEVIL'S SWORD
Posted Image

WHITE CROCODILE QUEEN
Posted Image

KISAH CINTA NYI BLORONG (no English title)
Posted Image

The bonus VCD is RATU BUAYA but I don't seem to be able to find an entry for it.

They also have a few of the JAKA SEMBUNG films and more with Suzzanna.

Jack

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then you say you're not the right person to co-moderate the FILM-RELATED SITES section B)

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
Oct 6 2007, 02:05 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then you say you're not the right person to co-moderate the FILM-RELATED SITES section B)

Yah, well, I did say that, didn't I :lol: :lol:

Jack

Jared
Member Avatar
Star Member
Well, I never heard back from MM HQ on this topic, and furthermore in a new subscription email from the company QUEEN OF BLACK MAGIC is NOT listed as "Coming Soon". Only SILIP. Take from that what you will.
Worldweird Cinema

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Uhh, distressing and worrying news (and I'm putting my Belgian VHS back into the safety box as we speak). :o :huh: :unsure:

Jack

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply