Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
REVIEW OF "SILIP 1985" W/ PICTURES
Topic Started: Nov 12 2007, 08:32 PM (5,877 Views)
Jared
Member Avatar
Star Member
Oh fucking awesome! Thanks, brains! How do you know these folks, do you work in the "biz"?
Worldweird Cinema
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jared
Member Avatar
Star Member
And thanks for the review too. This seems to be getting extraordinary reviews! I really, really am looking forward to seeing this and any other Filipino "bold" films I can get my hands on!
Worldweird Cinema

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
brains99
Nov 12 2007, 10:29 PM
I don't know if you were just curious about it because it's a remake of Silip or

Actually I only had a 3 sec. look at that Amazon page and I just assumed it was the same film. Yes, embarrassing.

Thanks for the info and it's VERY cool to learn that QUEEN and JAKA SEMBUNG are indeed coming out.

And to second Jared's question; what do you actually do in the 'business'?

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sure, for whoever gives a crud.

First and foremost, I'm just a freak who has a serious OBESSESSION with 1970s and 1980s cinema from all over the world. Obviously I'm not alone here!

I was known as Mrskin Jr. at the mrskin.com website. Don't know if you're familiar but I was the crazy dude who found and entered all the international and rare nude content you can find on that site. There is tons of it on there but what's funny is, there are still thousands of films mrskin has not even yet posted on his site. anyway...

From there I started a company, which I know you are all familiar with called Panik House Entertainment, and shortly after CasaNegra Entertainment. Long story there and I know that me revealing this will get some questions. :P

I'm still tied to Panikhouse/CasaNegra but for the most part I have been working on my own company and I also do freelance work for Synapse Films. Actually me and my partner are doing some future DVD covers for them as well as print ads and web stuff. If you have seen the cover of 42nd St. Forever Vol 3 and 4. That's my work. I also help them find films/do acquistions for them.

Working at mrskin was the craziest and absolute best job I've ever had and because of this very unconventional job, which was basically to search the whole world for rare movies, sexploitation movies, erotic dramas, anything with nude women, it bestowed me with some pretty wild knowledge I would not otherwise have ever come to know. Would you believe that I have seen (estimated) over 8000 movies from the 1970s and 1980s from all over the world? Nuts right? And I still have not discovered what I can do with all this worthless info other then stay in the movie business which I intend to do. I am working on some interesting movie based ideas for the web as well.

Anyway, that's my story. I come here every few days and Miltos is a good guy and no doubt we all share the same type of passion for the same type of movies. nice! I'll post more reviews and every now and then I'll try to include some video clips.

Mike
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

And real quick.. Panik House and CasaNegra are in the process of being sold. I intend to keep helping the new owners locate and acquire films though. That's all I can reveal about it at this time. What I can tell you is Chained Heat, Red Heat and Jungle Warriors WILL be released at some point in 2008, as well as World of the Vampires and The Living Head.

Any future titles for both labels beyond that will be up to the new owners, if infact everything goes as planned. We should know soon.

Mike
Quote Post Goto Top

Jared
Member Avatar
Star Member
That's really great news Mike (about Panik/Casa), I hope everything works out. Thanks for sharing your story. I think there's probably quite a few folks here who would love to be able to do the work you've done and your story is inspiring to say the least.
Worldweird Cinema

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Jared
Nov 13 2007, 03:57 AM
I think there's probably quite a few folks here who would love to be able to do the work you've done and your story is inspiring to say the least.

You can say that again, Jared.

Thanks for sharing your story, Mike, and... wauw... you're CasaNegra! We had a thread here a while ago where we all cried and held a wake cos we thought we'd never see those last films that were announced on your site. I sincerely hope the new owners will continue releasing cool Mexican horror flicks (and DVDs of the same high quality).

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
brains99
Nov 13 2007, 02:29 AM
Anyway, that's my story.  I come here every few days and Miltos is a good guy and no doubt we all share the same type of passion for the same type of movies.  nice!  I'll post more reviews and every now and then I'll try to include some video clips.

Thanx for the good words, Mike :)
Especially after my long delay with those greek discs... :unsure:

-I know Mike for many years and I can say he's a great guy with a real passion for movies. He has involved into several interesting things like he said (CasaNegra, Panik House, MrSkin...). Last year he helped me a lot sending me review discs from his labels-

And, Mike, great review! Post more like this one please B)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks a lot. I will keep everybody posted on the Panik House/Casa situation.

Thanks Miltos for the comments!

Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply