Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DUTCH VHS SLEEVES
Topic Started: Nov 21 2007, 01:34 PM (192,328 Views)
Nocturna
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Paling en Co.. Good old memories! Still like them... :blink:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
stephan73
Sep 19 2009, 03:28 PM
Can anyone tell me which of these Ninja Strikes Back tapes is the first release?

Umbrella is a company that bought up and released other labels so that's definately not a first release. This is a tape you find a LOT though and most of the times it's re-release, bootleg or sell-thru versions. Judging from the clamshell box on the other tape it could be that the Umbrella tape is still the older of these two.

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
petcor80
Sep 20 2009, 07:26 AM
stephan73
Sep 19 2009, 03:28 PM
Can anyone tell me which of these Ninja Strikes Back tapes is the first release?

Umbrella is a company that bought up and released other labels so that's definately not a first release. This is a tape you find a LOT though and most of the times it's re-release, bootleg or sell-thru versions. Judging from the clamshell box on the other tape it could be that the Umbrella tape is still the older of these two.

UMBRELLA= VIDEO SCREEN, who bought rights/masters from other defunct companies to re-release them for a quick buck...

Many VIDEO STAR and BEST1VIDEO releases have had an UMBRELLA rerelease...

Should that WHCV release come with a WHCV toplabel, it'd probably be the oldest...
Posted Image

stephan73
[ * ]
kingofB
Sep 20 2009, 07:59 AM
Should that WHCV release come with a WHCV toplabel, it'd probably be the oldest...

Then I guess that both are re-releases. The WHCV doesn't have a toplabel, only a sidesticker!

tommy FFF
[ * ]
Found a few new ones :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
my brother found two nice old tapes for me. The D'amato one says Luxemburg on the spine and as far as I can remember this is the first benelux tape (belgium-netherlands-luxemburg union) I've seen from that small country!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Ericist
Member Avatar
Star Member
Tommy: Nice catch. Never knew Cannonball got a Dutch videorelease. By VUH even, how cool :) Congrats!

Petcor: Amazing find! Never heard of Paradise Video, but I like their style already ;)
vraag naar EMPIRE films

brucecampbell
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Some new finds today:
Posted Image
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/rond2platen/m.ht...sid=p4340.l2562

kingofB
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Some nice tapes folks!

"Cannonball" also had a blue EVC release as I recall... :unsure:
PARADISE VIDEO=CNR ;)
Posted Image

The Ericist
Member Avatar
Star Member
By the way, can anyone tell me if that Video Plus-release of Don't play with fire is an uncut version? I heard it's missing no less than 8 minutes. Any truth in that?
vraag naar EMPIRE films

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply