Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ASIAN POSTERS THREAD
Topic Started: Jan 12 2008, 11:37 PM (5,372 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bigandya
Apr 11 2008, 03:48 PM
I have never heard of THE OILY MANIAC .

It is now on my list of "must see" films - anyone know of a DVD release?

It looks amazing - is it?  ;)

Well, if you like films where bad people turn into cheesy monsters that attack people... then it's amazing! Personally I find it very enjoyable and yes there's a DVD. Several actually. It first came out in Celestial's VCD/DVD Shaw Brothers series over in HK and now it's also out on DVD in Sweden and Denmark. Unfortunately the HK dvd is going oop and dddhouse and yesasia only have the vcd but you can still get it from Sensasian:

http://sensasian.com/index.php?in=All&acti...rch=oily+maniac

Or get the Scandinavian dvd here:

http://www.axelmusic.dk/productDetails/7319980066528
(no English subs)

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bigandya
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks for that Jack.

Found one of the HK ones on ebay.com and have made a "Best Offer" on it (seller had 5 and hasn't sold any in a month so I'm hoping to get it a bit cheaper ;) )

Looking forward to some Shaw Brothers madness - sleeve is a killer.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Heeey, look what I scooped up yesterday! The Japanese poster for LADY TERMANATOR! B) :D

Posted Image
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

fiol
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
these are what i have:

The Dead and the deadly (original HK poster 1982)
Posted Image
The man from HK (original UK poster + lobby cards)
Posted Image
A Chinese Torture Chamber Story II (original Hk poster), Dob Bite Dog (original HK poster)
Posted Image
Snake in the eagle's shadow (original Thai poster)
Posted Image
Rob-b-hood (original Hk poster)
Posted Image
Gorgeous / Accidental Spy (original Hk posters)
Posted Image
Quill (original Hk poster), Nana (original Hk poster), One Armed Swordsman+36th chamber of shaolin (HK replica posters)
Posted Image
Whispers & moans (original Hk poster), Rumble in the bronx (original theatrical poster (huge))
Posted Image

and then i have the same Thai poster of "Untold Story" as the one posted in the 1st page. Moreover i have "The Tai-Chi Master" original Thai poster. And two original Shaw Brothers (from HK): "The Fake Ghost-catchers" and "Lust For Love Of A Chinese Courtesan ". Last, but not least, "The story of the closestool" signed by the director (it's a Mainland China movie)

as soon as i want i will take the pics of the posters i dint put here ^^
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I've cleaned this thread up a bit and chucked out a bunch of posts that only contained dead pictures, i.e. they were probably linked from eBay. So if you're going to post pix could you please save them somewhere where they won't be deleted after a few months. Cheers.

My newest poster purchases:

A BETTER TOMORROW 3
Posted Image

A CHINESE GHOST STORY (HK poster for the international market)
Posted Image

ETERNAL EVIL OF ASIA
Posted Image

INTRUDER (the HK cat. III film, not the US horror film)
Posted Image

fiol
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
great posters J!
where did u find the intruder's one? XD
Posted Image

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
fiol
Jan 20 2010, 07:28 AM
great posters J!
where did u find the intruder's one? XD

Thanks. I got them all from the store "HongkongPoster" on eBay. They also have many cheap DVDs from mainland China. I'm sure you get your Zoke stuff from even cheaper places but I just couldn't be arsed to try and order from sites in Chinese only. :lol: I've also got a few longer prints on Taiwan DVD from them.

http://shop.ebay.com/hongkongposter/m.html...=&_trksid=p3686

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Btw, the HK version of INTRUDER is cut. The (English subbed) German DVD is fully uncut. There's both a stand-alone version and the film is included as bonus on the uncut German RUN AND KILL dvd.

Posted Image

fiol
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
i know that store but i can find mainland releases cheaper than him/her :P
about intruder, yeah the HK vcd is cut but i dont really care about it.. it was cheap and i'm fine with that
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply