Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PHILIPINO TITLES ON DVD SOON
Topic Started: Feb 7 2008, 11:08 AM (1,400 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Mondo Pete
Aug 30 2008, 07:29 PM
were these licensed releases, authorised by Bobby Suarez?

I think a number of these are coming out in the US soon.

No, they were not. Actually, when this company announced that they were going to release them I wrote enthusiastically about it over at dvdmaniacs and made the mistake of mentioning they were legit releases.

A couple of weeks later I received an email from Bobby Suarez who had read my post at Dvdmaniacs, and who had also learnt that I knew Andrew Leavold and (I suppose) he'd got my address from him. Bobby Suarez told me that these (then) upcoming dvd's were indeed not legit releases.

He also mentioned that Global Video's previous three dvd releases of Bionic Boy, They Call Her Cleopatra Wong and Dynamite Johnson weren't legit either. In fact, Suarez and his company had made contact to Global Video to make a deal but in the end they just never heard back from them (I keep referring to Global in plural but it's actually just the one guy).

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mondo Pete
[ * ]
ah well, just shows what a small world it is in this post internet age!

Still, from what Bobby told me several of these will be out in the States early next year - so all is not lost. I've seen the master for One Armed and it looked pretty good. Anyone here seen Obsession? That's a rare one. Kind of a weird transexual/giallo/exorcist type of thing

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Mondo Pete
Aug 30 2008, 08:51 PM
ah well, just shows what a small world it is in this post internet age!

Still, from what Bobby told me several of these will be out in the States early next year - so all is not lost. I've seen the master for One Armed and it looked pretty good. Anyone here seen Obsession? That's a rare one. Kind of a weird transexual/giallo/exorcist type of thing

Yeah, you can hardly say anything on the net nowadays without everybody knowing :lol:

THEY CALL HER CLEOPATRA WONG was mentioned as an upcoming title.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

driller1
[ * ]
jack j ,u have your info incorrect
bobby contacted me about buying the new ones . 3 of the titles were already released by my partner co i south africa and they were dead flops. global video is the sole agent for bionic boy dynamite johnson. my partner bought the rights for our co thats why we use his co name but its only been sold by me no one else in south africa and they are the worst sellers and this is what i told bobby.
i would rather pay a bit more and get westerns than buying the rest of the catalogue.
so please in future get the facts from all the comapnies involved before you post.
these 3 releases were just money down the sewage.my worst western made much more money than these 3 put together.
as for bobby, he heard back from me alright on numerous occasions rejecting them all.tell him to me and my partner for bionic boy and the other 2.his signature is on the contracts .
we still have 2700 units of each left and no sales for past 5 months.tell bobby sto stop with his double standards.
he claims that we are not allowed to sell any of our titles outside south africa ,that means even if i had released any of the filipino titles,none of you can buy from south africa,but yet he allows the american distributors to sell their goods on amazon.why the double standards for movies thats not even worth selling anyway.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
driller1
Aug 31 2008, 08:33 AM
so please in future get the facts from all the comapnies involved before you post.

I really have no intentions of turning this into a page long discussion like some of the Global Video discussions I have seen at some other Spaghetti Western forums.

And about getting the facts: I got my facts from the OWNER of the films. I need no other facts. Whatever you do is your business.

Jack

driller1
[ * ]
i deal with the owner as well and he has double standards,this is what i told him as well.
i dont care what you read about GLOBAL on other forums.we are a 100% legit company in south africa and has been since 1981.
he has no idea what he is talking about and so do u.his son bought a set of them dvds from me and so did sandi tan( assistant to marie lee) and bobby never had a problem then.its only since i rejected his titles ,that he goes around calling us a non legit company. he was the one selling these to my partner.
we dont need titles that dont sell at all.westerns are better sellers and even normal kung fu movies are 10 times better.
your facts are from someone who is sour about me rejecting his movies and this is will tell him by email as well

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply