Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
QUEEN OF BLACK MAGIC
Topic Started: Feb 7 2008, 11:06 PM (901 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Welcome to Cinehound, Pete. Uhh, this forum is about world-weird type movies and I think I speak for everyone here when I say we are looking forward to QUEEN über-much! :lol:

I have the Indo VCD, I have no idea if it's the same cover as the Indonesian video. I posted a scan of it at the top of this thread:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/THE_CINEHOUND_F...p?showtopic=791

If you don't have it I can scan it for you or you might want to get it from the store that the thread is about. They're located in the US.

Oh, and since you're here anyway :lol: I'm dying to know about your release of Jaka Sembung: are you going to put out any of the sequels as well. Would it be possible to include the Indonesian audio track for some of these movie?

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Even if there's no important difference here, it's very interesting to learn about these differences. Thanks for doing the leg work, Shootgringoshoot!!! :hello!: :cheers:

I own the Belgian vhs and I remember reading years ago that it has bits and pieces that aren't on the dvd. But I have never done an actual comparison between the vhs and the mm dvd. I wonder if the Belgian vhs and your Indo Betamax present the same version.
Edited by Jack J, Jan 8 2017, 11:41 PM.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Ahh, okay. Thanks, Godzilla 2000. Yeah, it's a cool tape to own. And I love the cover!

Some Filipino films do the same; domestic version = more dialogue scenes than internationally released version.

THE KILLING OF SATAN has 20-30 minutes extra footage in the Tagalog language version! (it's on YouTube)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply