Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
QUEEN OF BLACK MAGIC
Topic Started: Feb 7 2008, 11:06 PM (902 Views)
Godzilla-2000
Member Avatar
[ * ]
The details mentioned above are unique to the Bahasa Indonesia version of the film. Comparable to Mystics in Bali, they made different edits for domestic release and international release.

In case of "Ratu ilmu hitam", the Indonesian version has several additional dialogue or character development scenes, also an extended ending (as detailed in shootgringoshoot's post).

The domestic version is censored in that it replaces a few scenes of "erotic" footage with shots of snakes and other animals. It also cuts away from the goriest bits considerably earlier. The shots ARE there, but shorter, no close-ups, you get the idea.

The Belgian Variety VHS is clearly based on the international, English language edit (same as the MM DVD). I remember it to have ADDITIONAL cuts, which means further dialogue/character development was left out, probably to save on tape. The gore and splatter is all there.
I'm not sure if it has any additional bits when compared to the MM (can't rule it out either). But definitely not the longer scenes from the Bahasa Indonesia edit.

Still, it's a great tape to own! :)
Edited by Godzilla-2000, Jan 10 2017, 08:38 AM.
Home of Fantastic Cinema
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Godzilla-2000
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Yes I burnt the Tagalog version of Lumaban ka, Satanas to disc and added it to my DVD of the English dubbed version a long time ago. Too bad there's no decent disc in sight for the complete version. But then again, tons of Pinoy films are locked away somewhere and are not available for viewing.
Kabayan Central at least offered an interesting on-demand selection of preserved LVN and Sampaguita films, but afaik that service too has (at least partially) ceased.
Home of Fantastic Cinema
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply