Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOME GREEK VHS (AUSTRALIA)
Topic Started: May 7 2008, 01:09 PM (5,247 Views)
stratagakis
[ * ]
Hi Miltos and other lovers of Greek VHS. Need some info on these movies. Picked them up at a local video store last year and forgot I had them. Anyway, just need the titles and whatever additional stats you may offer. Cheers ...

PS ... This is my first time using photobucket. Hope the photos are linked correctly.

GREEK VHS:

1. TO HAMOGELO TIS PITHIAS aka La Trombata

Posted Image

2. STIN PAGIDA TOU SEX KAI TOU EGLIMATOS

Posted Image

3. FILAKES ANILIKON

Posted Image

4. MIRELLA, I SARKA TIS IDONIS

Posted Image

5. I EROTOMANIS

Posted Image

6. I NERAIDA TIS MANIS

Posted Image

7. O VIASMOS MIAS MONACHIS

Posted Image

8. EDO INE VALKANIA!

Posted Image

9. STEFANIA

Posted Image

10. GLIKIA SIMMORIA

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stratagakis
[ * ]

Wow. Thanks Skatschko for the information. Excellent stuff.

The funny thing about Stavros Video Centre is that the old sign still looms above the entrance of the building. Its located in a suburb called Northcote (Melbourne). What's even funnier is that I used to go to an acting studio back in 2002/2003. My friend used to run that school with an industry director, and the studio they built (inside the building) was the same place that was once Stavros Video Centre. Back then I knew very little about Greek Exploitation or the whereabouts of all those tapes. I had no idea that I was coming to the one place that could have secured my fortunes had I'd taken an interest in those films a little earlier on. I have no idea what happened to Stavros Video Centre. I imagine all those tapes got distributed to other video stores and private collectors. Shame. They did provide a great service.

Many, if not most of the Greek VHS in Australia have no subtitles. Which sucks for me.

I recently watched an Italian version of To Nisi tis Amartias. That scene at the end when good old George S. is jumping up and down, beating his chest like a monkey has to be one of the funniest scenes in history. Anyway, i know this is a bit off topic, but at the start of this movie, the title sequence is a montage of several scenes that take place during the movie. In a couple of these short scenes is actual hardcore, but only, very briefly. But, to my mind, it is from the actual movie and not just some fake insert. Is this the same for the Greek version? Perhaps, this enquiry should be posted somewhere else.

Thanks again ...

stratagakis
[ * ]
And just a few more VHS ...

11. I ANAMETRISSI

Posted Image

12. RACHAMIS

Posted Image

13. ATHINA, I KLOPI TIS ODOU STADIOU

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Greek Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply