Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
FORUM SECTIONS; Missing a few?
Topic Started: May 17 2008, 08:47 PM (1,136 Views)
cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
US & AUSSIE EXPLOITATION CINEMA forum has been also added...I know Australia is far away from USA :D but I guess I could put them together!

As MOVIE REVIEWS room is past and reviews moved to other sections, Jared is now a co-moderator to the ASIAN forum and ajji a co-moderator to EURO and US forums!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
May 26 2008, 08:38 PM
US & AUSSIE EXPLOITATION CINEMA forum has been also added...I know Australia is far away from USA :D but I guess I could put them together!

As MOVIE REVIEWS room is past and reviews moved to other sections, Jared is now a co-moderator to the ASIAN forum and ajji a co-moderator to EURO and US forums!

Bad move! :lol: Firstly, Australia is located in Asia and thus belongs in the Asian section (I do realise they've got more in common with other Anglo countries though, film-wise), secondly Australians are not Americans (an old Australian 50s slang term for Americans is 'septics' (i.e. septic tank = full of... )). And where do you put New Zealand films??? Or Canadian films? I think you at least could call the section "North America + the Commonwealth countries" (or if you wanted to make a fun title you could call it "UK + the old colonies" :lol: ). Or simply "English speaking world section".

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Australia is located in Asia? :P

But I think you're right about it...They don't fix together. I'll leave it for US & Canada at the moment and I will add a seperate forum for Australia and New Zealand later.

NORTH AMERICA EXPLOITATION CINEMA then!

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
May 26 2008, 09:08 PM
Australia is located in Asia?  :P

Actually... yes it is. It's in the Asian region.

A section for OZ + NZ. Cool. So films from the UK + Ireland; is that just in the Euro section?

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
I thought it was called Oceania :)

But I know what you mean, it's so close to Indonesia...When it comes to world cup in soccer they play all togetrher as Oceania/Asia group of countries.

My idea was that Ausssie films are not similar with Asian...

I guess they belong to their own section. I will leave it for later.

Of course LATIN AMERICAN, AFRICAN & ARABIC films are also completely different territories but I join them because of the few posts about them so far. I suppose I have to seperate them later. But I need them to exist as films from Egypt, Nigera etc are almost unknown -but interesting!- and they deserve their own place even now...

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
May 26 2008, 09:21 PM
I thought it was called Oceania :)

My idea was that Ausssie films are not similar with Asian...

You're right; film-wise Australian films aren't "Asian". I was talking about where they're actually located and politically. There's a bit of water between them and the rest of Asia but they are certainly "in the region". And in regards to neighbouring countries they're a member of the ASEAN (kinda like the EU, just for Asian countries).

Maybe you should change it all so we only have two sections: "good films" & "bad films" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Cool idea :D

I didn't know about the ASEAN thing, I guess you're better informed than me!

And it seems we're the only ones here tonight...

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
May 26 2008, 09:41 PM
Cool idea :D

I didn't know about the ASEAN thing, I guess you're better informed than me!

And it seems we're the only ones here tonight...

Actually you're on your own now, Miltos. I just received RAMBO 4 on DVD today so I'm off to watch that. :D
Have a nice evening.

Jack

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Enjoy, you lucky man :D

70s
Unregistered

Good thoughts Miltos but where is one for an arthouse forum?I'm talking about strange films like Santa Sangre, El Topo, Singapore Sling to get the idea.What do you think?
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply