Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
YOUR LATEST RARE VHS PUCHASES; A.K.A The penis measuring thread
Topic Started: Jun 5 2008, 06:23 PM (349,726 Views)
cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Tim, is it a pre-cert? Is it uncut? I suppose they took their print from an Arabic country and probably the label boss was an Arab. Have you seen anymore titles by VTI label?

A great find! Wonderful cover and absolutely rare! It would be a nice gift for my birthday (it's at 1st of August) :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Well, my post was over videohunter's. I suppose he's right. But I could never imagine Arabic countries could release material like Ilsa! Maybe because the film has involved with Sheiks :)

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
videohunter
Jul 11 2008, 05:53 PM
horrorC.K.
Jul 11 2008, 05:43 PM

Got myself a tape from Video Dynamic settled in Adliya, Bahrain with English language and Japanese subs!

video dynamic tapes r bootlegs

Yes, bootlegs, but still very nice. They were made in Sweden by a collector, recorded by his Japanese laserdiscs! That's why the Japanese subtitles.

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Again, my congratulations !!

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yes, the same. The had some Fulci titles like ZOMBI 3, DEMONIA, THE GHOSTS OF SODOM...

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
I imported many of them a long time ago, the date they were released. I did swaps with this guy, he told me they were Bahrain imports. Well, they looked originals but when I saw the Japanese subtitles and comparing them with my jpn laserdiscs i saw they were alike. Also the English text on covers was obviously written by a collector and not by some Bahrain company.

I sold/swap them abroad and most people were satisfied by them, quality was great (LD quality, before the DVDs!), uncut ws versions, nice covers...Most people didn't know anything about the LDs to suspect. But they are bootlegs alright...

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Ah, as about his name i won't tell, I'm sorry. I never talked with him about this matter anyway. It was a nice try if you ask me and i still find these tapes nice...

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Indeed...But I never got that ISLAND OF PERVERSION. I got only their first bunch of releases. Didn't continue as I found out they're bootlegs.

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
So it's you who gets all the jpn tapes from ebay :lol:

Now seriously, I have a question: These jpn tapes are all in such mint condition that looks brand-new, not ex-rentals. Only a few are 100% ex-rentals. But if you can find them on the selves are they really rare? I mean, for us are rare anyway, but for Japan? Or you could find them easily in most stores in Tokyo?

I know a few are extremely rare...

One way or another Tokyo is far away and too expensive for me :D

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Bela, you could post to promote your sales into the "swap & sell" or "film-related sites" sections. A wise idea is to put the exact link to your sales so we can find them easily!

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply