Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
YOUR LATEST RARE VHS PUCHASES; A.K.A The penis measuring thread
Topic Started: Jun 5 2008, 06:23 PM (347,647 Views)
videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Michael Gustavsson
Jul 11 2008, 10:37 AM
picked up today,

Posted Image

good film, but unfortunately u picked up a bootleg !
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
horrorC.K.
Jul 11 2008, 05:43 PM

Got myself a tape from Video Dynamic settled in Adliya, Bahrain with English language and Japanese subs!

video dynamic tapes r bootlegs

videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
fellas , if u think about it it's pretty simple, VTI aquired the rights to distribute this title , and the only surviving source material made available to them ,already had the arabic subs from a theatrical print or master tape, and the same circumstance occured with the press material/artwork ect....and due to VTI bein a low budget company they didn't bother printing thier own artwork probably to save money and just stamp printed the UK distributor address on the front cover template to show thier aquired rights.........

videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
i also saw these video dynamic bootlegs of the aussie showcase video release of island of perversion...so who ever this person was ,he mass bootlegged many countries releases.........

videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
stunning HJ ,congrats :)

videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
very nice jack, i see u really like collecting japan tapes now... B)

videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
JUST GOT IN A NICE BATCH OF RARITIES ! ALL EXCELLENT CONDITION !

city of the living dead - sony - japan
karate warrior - sony/exciting - japan
friday the 13th - warner bros - japan *RENTAL ONLY RELEASE*
the victim(macchie solari) - toei - japan *MINT COMPLETE CARTON*
bloody pom poms - daiei video - japan
graveyard disturbance - sony/exciting - japan
dark echoes - TCC video - japan
the devil's sword - sony/exciting - japan

videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
Aug 11 2008, 03:26 PM
So it's you who gets all the jpn tapes from ebay :lol:

Now seriously, I have a question: These jpn tapes are all in such mint condition that looks brand-new, not ex-rentals. Only a few are 100% ex-rentals. But if you can find them on the selves are they really rare? I mean, for us are rare anyway, but for Japan? Or you could find them easily in most stores in Tokyo?

I know a few are extremely rare...

One way or another Tokyo is far away and too expensive for me :D

well according to a few collector friends i have in japan , VHS r almost impossible to find these days...as i'm sure it's the same in greece.......

also keep in mind....countries like JAPAN and the USA , VHS tapes have been available for sale and rent since the beginning of video with the exception of some WARNER BROS releases and PONY/CANYON releases in JAPAN and TIME LIFE and FOTOMAT releases in the USA to name a few....

so the term EX-RENTAL doesn't meet the same criteria as it does for some euorpean countries....

NOW, certain labels r much rarer than others and this is also the same with said titles

for instance

the greek lable IVC(international video club) is the equivilant rarity wise as CLARION in japan....

and perhaps VCG(video club of greece) is the equivelant of SONY/EXCITING in japan..

and just like some titles from greece r easily obtainable through sources , the same can be said for some titles from japan.......

and i'm sure the same line of logic applies to all countries

so i'd say if u flew to japan to try and score some vhs rarites, u'd be wasting ur time and money

videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
recent vhs aquisitions

ZUMA - (japan)
CROSS OF THE SEVEN JEWELS - (japan)
MOUNTAIN OF THE CANNIBAL GOD - (japan)
DERANGED - (japan)
GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE - (japan)
ANGEL OF VENGEANCE - (denmark)

videohunter
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Michael Gustavsson
Aug 27 2008, 03:02 PM

The Intruder (Arizal) - jap vhs

if this is the film RAMBU: THE INTRUDER, nice score !!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply