Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
YOUR LATEST RARE VHS PUCHASES; A.K.A The penis measuring thread
Topic Started: Jun 5 2008, 06:23 PM (350,212 Views)
shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
a beautifull rare german tape of -Tiger from River Kwai aka La Tigre venuta dal fiume Kwai (1975)-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211042/
not one of the best movies ever made, but I love the cover design!

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
some nice spaghetti tapes I got in lately, a few of the techno tapes I allready had.
Posted Image
Posted Image

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
o boy o boy! I came back from doing my groceries, and i saw that there was a small flee-market so I decided to walk over there instad of going straight home. wasnt mutch there some commercial guys selling fake old stuff etc.......one guy selling some records and a small box of tapes.....titanic,money express, harry potter..........you name it

...............and MATALO! That tape just made my day! B)

Posted Image

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
finally i got a copy! the first of two italo westerns cesare canevari made. this movie cant be compared with the second -matalo- its a rare tape ..... i also have a german tv record witch is widescreen, but i cant remember seeing any other vhs release besides this italian one.

Posted Image

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
yep ntsc.....luckely my vcr plays pal secam and ntsc......only my dvd recorder only records pal :(

the tape is an italian audio exrental from toronto, the image isnt that sharp and fullscreen....but its a tape i really wanted to have and i bought it for a very fear price together with an pther italian (pal) spaghetti tape.

the strange thing now is that I can find rare tapes that are usaly expensive for a mutch better price, but the avarige tapes are often over priced.

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Quote:

magnus Posted on Apr 20 2009, 04:35 PM
  I have that one as well, but on mine the PAL square is checked, was it released both in Canada and Italy maybe? I got it from an Italian guy about a year ago, but still havenīt got round to watch the film... but very happy i have it! 

is your cover design the same as mine? i only know this tape from this label. im sure its released in pal and ntsc........but it would be interesting if your tape is from a different label.

the german tv version is mutch better! and widesceen! the only bad thing is my german tv record doesnt has the last minute of the movie on it.......wrong programming "oops!:
the 2 versions are also slightly differnt cut, the german version has an filmed scene before the animated intro, while in the italian version the animated intro comes before the filmed scene. didnt study the rest of the movie....

italian version :
Posted Image
german version:
Posted Image
italian version :
Posted Image
german version:
Posted Image
italian version :
Posted Image
german version:
Posted Image
italian version :
Posted Image
german version:
Posted Image

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
upgraded my toppic tapes with orriginal boxes! the one says beta but its also a vhs tape
Posted Image

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
from the same series -mogen sie in friede ruhen- is now for sale on ebay......the price is allready 75euro! start price was 1 euro

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
the same tape was for sale on filmundo for a while ago and it was sold for a very serious price!

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
also a red arpa...........woof is going to be the next owner of the tape
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply