Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RARE DVD SLEEVES
Topic Started: Jun 6 2008, 07:43 PM (3,279 Views)
cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
MIA ITALIDA STIN ELLADA, Umberto Lenzi very first film, 1958, shot in Greece! Romance/Comedy, Greek DVD
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Bruno Mattei's LAND OF DEATH (2003)
Japanese DVD as: CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, CANNIBAL VS COMMANDO!

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I bought that one at Yesasia (in Hong Kong) for $40 (which includes postage to Europe).

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...pid-1003881942/

Jack
Attached to this post:
Attachments: cannibalmattei.jpg (15.31 KB)
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Did you like the film?

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Yes, I did. It is of course trash beyond belief but I was entertained! Some people complain about his last few films being shot on video and yes I would have preferred real film too but I was still entertained. I mean there were cannibals, gore, soldiers fighting cannibals! :D
Sometimes I get the feeling some people don't like his last films simply because there were NEW and not made in the 80s. I thought ROBOWAR was better but this was definitely better than RATS! :lol:

A great pity his last two zombie movies aren't out on dvd anywhere in the world!

The other of his last two cannibal movies, Cannibal World, is available from HKFLIX in the US. I have this and I think it's a bootleg off the Japanese dvd but even so it's professionally done (I suspect it's a boot since it has English text on the back of the cover!):

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.540759/qx/details.htm

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

andras
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
The Hungarian dvd release of...you wouldn't guess it by looking at this cover:
Posted Image

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
nice artwork though!

driller1
[ * ]
looking for satans bed sleeve

WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Well, our DVD release of INVITATION TO HELL will be a rare release we hope also!

Strictly ultra-limited to just 1,000 numbered copies worldwide! When you factor in that #666 will be loaded with cool extra gifts AND will be UNIQUE, then it gets exciting for DVD collectors of cult obscurities i believe! I know it does from MY point of view!

Details of #666 will be added to the website very very soon, so keep your eyes peeled. But for now i will say this...it will ONLY be available on Ebay for auction and the winning bidder will get a DVD as follows:

#666 of 1,000 units worldwide
2-Disc version!
Photocards exclusive to #666
Video poster reproductions
Double-sided sleeve
+ a few further surprises still TBC!

This #666 copy, whilst one of the 1,000 units worldwide, will also stand alone as the ONLY copy of its kind in existence! #666 of 1,000...but also "#1 of 1" worldwide in many respects!

How rare do you think THAT will be? lol. Unless someone releases a DVD that is "1 unit worldwide" i can't see it comparing in rarity! lol

Stephen Gladwin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
OK, I'm still figuring out how to use and optimize the imageshack site and how best to store the images for quality purposes. The spotting/graininess on the sleeves seems to be some kind of compression artifact from imageshack. I downloaded the images from the site and voila the artifacts were gone and they looked fine. I've put the thumbnails in this post because the actual size scans are HUGE for some reason. Click through each thumbnail to see (and save/print, whatever) the original full-size image.

Below is a scan of my Japanese HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP release, under the MONSTER! HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP title. For collectors, this DVD IS A MUST as it is MORE COMPLETE than the New Concorde US DVD release (it has all the gore that was cut from that release, including the head-ripping scene in the final showdown at the carnival).

Posted Image

Here is the chapter insert as well:

Posted Image

Here's the Italian DVD for Bava's classic Sci-fi PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES. This is the BEST VERSION AVAILABLE as it is the original cut (not the AIP cut or the re-worked MGM DVD version which were missing footage and had the new Kendall Schmidt score) with the original Marinuzzi score , remastered, and in anamorphic widescreen! Hell, they even had the taste to use the original Averardo Ciriello locandina art for the cover!

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply