Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cannibal Mercenary
Topic Started: Jun 14 2008, 10:48 PM (3,805 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Does anybody know if Cannibal Mercenary (aka Jungle Killers The Jaguar Project) is out on dvd anywhere???

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

cannibal mrcanary is out region 1 but not sure if its bootleg or not
jaguar project is the cut form of the film
Quote Post Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
It's out on German DVD as JUNGLE KILLERS but it seems a re-edited version with all the gore cut...

Read an old topic in this forum below:
http://z9.invisionfree.com/THE_CINEHOUND_F...?showtopic=1016

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Thanks. I found a bootlegger in the UK called www.wtfdvds.com and ordered it last Sunday but I haven't heard from them. I've written to them twice but nothing. Nichts. Nada. Does any of you know if they're out of business? Wayne do you know?

Oh, and JUNGLE HEAT which was mentioned in the other thread; I've had it on Danish vhs for years, uncut but fullscreen. This week I finally won the Japanese tape which is fully letterboxed and uncut!!! Ahh, it's such a difference watching it. :D

Now, if someone would just put out a dvd with both versions on it (westernised and org. HK edit) I could die a happy man. :lol:
(I'm exaggerating obviously but it's always nice to get a proper version of something you had for yrs in a lesser version).

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Common, Jack, you wouldn't die a happy man...there will always be more & more Asian lost gems to find :D

As for that site, I don't know it, I'll check it out and I hope Wayne or other members could help...

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Hm, it looks rather a new store to me...I'm not sure!

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I didn't think it looked suspicious either but they promise to return emails within a day and now it's been 8 days.

Jack

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
Jun 15 2008, 04:55 PM
Common, Jack, you wouldn't die a happy man...there will always be more & more Asian lost gems to find :D

LOL. Yeh, you're right!! Always so many damn films to find. When you think you're ahead of a genre there's always some forgotten gems that turn up.

nguss
[ * ]
I have the Jaguar Project German Dvd if you really want ot see it send me a Pm. I also have the Cannibal Mecenary version, but it is pretty poor quality.

You may already know, but Jungle Heat has a German Dvd release which I think it uncut and widescreen (I have it upstairs), and had a Uk release, which was also uncut (and fullscreen on the moonstone label) apart from one scene which I also have.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Thank you so much for your offer, but I think I'll skip that censored German dvd and wait for a proper copy of the uncut version. But thanks again.

Regarding Jungle Heat: Yes I'm familiar with the German dvd, however, unfortunately it's not uncut. I haven't watched it myself but I have the info from someone at Dvdmaniacs who has seen it. There is one scene missing. I'll see if I can dig out the info of which scene.

Jack

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply