Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Laserdisc players
Topic Started: Jun 21 2008, 02:28 PM (2,896 Views)
cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yes, I have it, but I'm not really good with these things B)
But I guess I have to try harder...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I have tried splicing scans together (with a different program) and it works fine if you put two A4 scans together. But the thing is I have these lobby cards (and now LDs) that are size A3 so it doesn't work very well scanning them twice because you can't lay the card on the scanner properly because of the edge on the scanner. The scanning doesn't turn out very well. But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Got my player yesterday. It came in the original wrapping and it does look like NEW!! :D :D

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Congratulations again :)

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
Jul 22 2008, 09:29 AM
Congratulations again :)

Cheers mate. :D

There was also a LD with some classical music in the box. Ehh, any of you fellas want a LD with some classical music??? :lol:

Jack

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Those of you that are after HK films on LD can check out this thread:

http://adg.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=2557

It's HK guy Miles Wood who has lost his religion and is selling all his HK laserdiscs. This is just thread no. 1, he has 6 more.

Jack

Uncle Chainsaw
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Jack J
Jul 22 2008, 05:56 AM
Got my player yesterday. It came in the original wrapping and it does look like NEW!!  :D  :D

Jack

Congrats from me too, Jack.....have you already watched one of those shiny babies ?? Perhaps the classical one :) ? Although I love classical music ( and metal ) I unfortunately also have no use for the LD....I try to stay away from music on LD....self-limitation, you know :D ....

....oh, and also thanks for the Miles-Wood-link....I praise the Lord that I have no money in the moment :lol:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Thanks, Uncle Chainsaw. No, I still haven't, I'm visiting my folks for a few days but as soon as I get home I will. Hmm, what will be first? Some nasty Lily Chung Cat. III film maybe. Miles Wood; yes he does have a lot doesn't he. I bought three of them, all stuff you either can't get on dvd or stuff that is OOP. One film I bought is SHAINGHAI BLUES!!! I have an old tv recording of this and it's a fantastic Tsui Hark film. And never released on dvd.

Jack

laserdiscs4life
[ * ]
i own a few Pioneer players
CLD-R7G (with 3-D comb filter)
CLD-07G
CLD-S201
CLD-S104
CLD-V820
i have never paid over 250$ for a player but i have my i eye on a LD-X1 from a shop around here and i might have to bend the rules for the one!

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Kenneth M
Jun 21 2008, 11:27 PM
Beta tapes are the same. There are some releases that only got put out on beta. Sony manufactured a multisystem for beta. The model #'s end with the letters "ME" for "Middle East" as that is the only place that they were manufactured for. I was able to find me a pristine example on ebay about a month ago.

Posted Image

This one is a SL-800ME model. It is a pro-sumer model with 4 heads and runs on any voltage between 99-264v without need for an external voltage converter. It plays European PAL, UK PAL, ME SECAM, French SECAM, Moroccan SECAM, NTSC 4.43, NTSC 3.58 and has 3 built in tuners. I paid just over $500.00 including shipping.

All in all, I'm just glad I can finally watch my beta copy of "Buitres sobre la ciudad" with Maurizio Merli!!! :)

If any of the American members here are looking for one of these SL-800ME ultimate multi players there's one on eBay right now. Unfortunately, the bastards only sell to people in the US.

6 days to go:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...US:1123#vi-desc

:ph43r:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Laserdiscs · Next Topic »
Add Reply