Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TURKISH STAR WARS; custom made cover
Topic Started: Jul 24 2008, 12:45 AM (1,007 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I stumbled over this home made cover while travelling thru cyberspace. It's just made by some guy for fun and put out on his blog. It's pretty cool I think:

Posted Image
http://home.comcast.net/~lunchbots/dvdcove...ishstarwars.jpg

And here's another one that he did, and although it's got nothing to do with Turkish cinema it is of an unreleased Star Wars film!

http://home.comcast.net/~lunchbots/dvdcove...day_special.jpg

And you can see heaps more here:
http://lunchbot1.livejournal.com/116108.html#cutid1

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aymanoglu
Unregistered

Hey Jack, how did you go with that Beta Turkish film off eBay? Have you recieved it yet?
Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Hmm, no not yet. That guy is... something. :lol:

On his page it appears he doesn't accept any form of payment! :huh: :huh:

So 4-5 days ago I wrote to him (in English) and asked if he took PayPal to which he shortly replied in Turkish that... he only speaks Turkish. Then I thought I'd just wait for the invoice. Then yesterday I won the film and received... no invoice. So last night I sent him one of those eBay form letters that says "please send me an invoice with payment details you dill" and I made sure to send one which was in German. But so far I still haven't heard from him. A bit weird to say the least, I mean, he must realise that if he doesn't provide a way of paying him then... I won't be able to pay him!!! <_< <_<

But thanks for your recommendations in regards to the films, Ayman.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

CIKO
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Heheh nice work Jack,

I think Fans always do it better. Turkish dvd companies generally make "terrific - disaster" covers and dvd menus.
+++ CIKO +++

CIKO Web Page

Ed Glaser
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Haha, that's the cover I have on my copy. :-)

I recently discovered to my astonishment that the film's been officially released on DVD in Turkey, albeit with no English subtitles.
Neon Harbor - Home of "Deja View," showcasing foreign remakes and rip-offs of popular American films

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Yes, Gokay, those fan covers are pretty good.

Really? Did you print it out yourself or did you buy it that way?

Yeah, and DRACULA IN ISTANBUL was also released recently, unfortunately also without subs (I bought it anyway though! :D ).

Jack

Ed Glaser
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I printed it myself, but found it elsewhere.
Neon Harbor - Home of "Deja View," showcasing foreign remakes and rip-offs of popular American films

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Okay. My link is to the guy who actually made it. If you look at his page you'll see he's done quite a few.

Star Wars Holiday Special:
Posted Image

Jack

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Turkish Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply