Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MILES WOOD'S LASERDISC SALE ON EBAY
Topic Started: Jul 27 2008, 06:18 PM (532 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
As I mentioned in my LD thread Miles Wood (who wrote the book "Cine East: Hong Kong Cinema Through the Looking Glass") has lost interest in HK movies so he is selling off his entire collection of HK laserdiscs. You can see his lists at the sell/swap section at Asian Dvd Guide forum but now he's also put up stuff on eBay:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/matango?_nkw...b=&_trksid=m270

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
It's always sad when someone has to sell his entire collection...but a great opportunity to other collectors B)

He has some CatIII on auction now but I'm totally confused what's on DVD or not. I used to buy a lot of LDs in the past but now I could get only rare titles without a DVD release. Even if the pleasure of a good LD is millions miles away than a DVD.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
Jul 28 2008, 01:39 AM
It's always sad when someone has to sell his entire collection...but a great opportunity to other collectors B)

He doesn't have to sell his collection. It's not out of financial trouble or anything. He chooses to do so simply because he doesn't like Hong Kong movies any more. :o :o

About which films that are on dvd and which aren't: Well, there are HK films that I've been looking for for years (for instance FINAL JUDGEMENT starring Simon Yam which I'm getting on LD now) and since I haven't been able to find them in any format dvd/vhs/vcd I recon they either don't exist or are totally über-rare.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

andras
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
He's also writing a new book: "Hong Kong Cinema:what was I thinking?"

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
andras
Jul 28 2008, 05:39 PM
He's also writing a new book: "Hong Kong Cinema:what was I thinking?"

:lol: :lol:

I have never read anything he's written so I don't know his standpoint. Personally, I got into HK cinema when it first became the "new fan flavor" of the horror/splatter video tape traders around 1990. I realise a few "fans" have turned their back to HK movies when trends shifted towards Korean and Japanese cinema. Well, not me, I still live in Little Kowloon (in Denmark :lol: )!!

Jack

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Jack J
Jul 28 2008, 12:15 AM
He chooses to do so simply because he doesn't like Hong Kong movies any more. :o :o

What?
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

He should be forced to an International Court (Den Haag maybe?) and face a trial with death penalty :D

andras
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Jack J
Jul 28 2008, 05:49 PM
Personally, I got into HK cinema when it first became the "new fan flavor"

Jack is also into breakdancing which he picked up in the mid 80's after seeing Electric Boogaloo. Now he's the most out-of-fashion guy in Denmark!

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:

Electric Boogaloo

Now why did you have to bring that up, Andras! <_<

Jack

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ebay Goodies · Next Topic »
Add Reply