Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
KORKUSUZ: TURKISH RAMBO!; DVD Coming Soon!
Topic Started: Jul 31 2008, 03:14 PM (7,017 Views)
Ed Glaser
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Hey all! I recently purchased the rights to the Çetin Inanç film KORKUSUZ, better known as TURKISH RAMBO! It's my first import, and a dream come true!

I'm putting together a new DVD of the film and will be releasing it in the near future. It will be digitally remastered and I have every intention of making it look as good as I can.

One key difference, however, is that the DVD will feature an all new English dub. The one problem with the original version is that it contains unlicensed music from the RAMBO movies and therefore cannot be released as-is in the states. So because of that, I've got a truly excellent composer who will be creating a brand new score for the film. However, we'll be staying very much in the spirit of the original, and I guarantee the DVD will be a lot of fun!

We're still in the early stages, but I can't wait to release it!

Posted Image
Neon Harbor - Home of "Deja View," showcasing foreign remakes and rip-offs of popular American films
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Well, firstly, this sounds great!!

When you say "dub" do you mean only the music, or will it be dubbed into English? And if yes, will you keep the Turkish dub as well.

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Ed Glaser
Member Avatar
[ * ]
It will be dubbed into English. I'm not sure about keeping the original Turkish language version -- only if there's a way we can squeeze out the music. We're looking into it, though, 'cause I'd sure like to!
Neon Harbor - Home of "Deja View," showcasing foreign remakes and rip-offs of popular American films

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
I cannot wait for this DVD !! I would prefer the original audio of course but I understand it is impossible. The new audio however sounds a very interest experiment B)

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
How long do you recon it'll be before it's ready for release?

Jack
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Ed Glaser
Member Avatar
[ * ]
It's too early to tell right now, I'm afraid. But as soon as I know more, I'll let you know!

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
DarkMaze
Jul 31 2008, 05:51 PM
It's too early to tell right now, I'm afraid. But as soon as I know more, I'll let you know!

Cheers mate!

Obviously Cinehound is a forum that is very much about world-weird horror and exploitation movies so I'm curious about your new dvd. We know that there are so many Turkish exploitation films from the 70s that are lost or have simply been destroyed. So was it difficult for you to get this print and is it in a decent condition?

Jack

Ed Glaser
Member Avatar
[ * ]
It actually wasn't too hard to get. I got in touch with the folks in Turkey thanks to Bill from Onar Films, and it took them a little time to locate the film, but overall it was very straightfoward.

The quality is definitely decent -- the color is a bit degraded, but I'll see what I can do about sprucing it up. :)

Jared
Member Avatar
Star Member
This is interesting news for sure. I am wary of any English dubbing or new score you could put on it however. I just don't think even the best efforts you could put into it would come out working in the movie. The Turkish language and the stolen music are such a integral part of the experience of Turkish pulp films. Mondo Macabro got away with the soundtrack rips for their turkish release, why can't you?
Worldweird Cinema

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Jared
Jul 31 2008, 11:53 PM
This is interesting news for sure. I am wary of any English dubbing or new score you could put on it however. I just don't think even the best efforts you could put into it would come out working in the movie. The Turkish language and the stolen music are such a integral part of the experience of Turkish pulp films. Mondo Macabro got away with the soundtrack rips for their Turkish release, why can't you?

I would love to see this with the original stolen score and subtitles just like you, Jared. But maybe the Rambo people (i.e. the people behind the official Rambo) are in a different league than then people who own the score for the MM soundtrack rips. Or maybe MM even asked permission and got it, who knows (Mondo Pete, you reading this?). Also, MM didn't actually go as far as they wanted to: in 2004 Andy Starke (Pete Tomb's partner in MM) told the Danish fanzine Scatter that they wanted to put out TURKISH STAR WARS! But it never happened. I bet they thought it was too "dangerous" to mess with Steven Spielberg and decided to put out the double bill instead. I'd love to see it untampered with but any translated version is better than nothing. As Fred Adelman once put it: I'm an old guy I don't have the time (to learn Turkish!) :lol: :lol:

Jack

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Turkish Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply