Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'SARCOPHILOUS FILMS' IS PROUD TO PRESENT...; Brit-horror double-bill!
Topic Started: Aug 16 2008, 03:19 PM (3,819 Views)
WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Did you receive the press-kit i emailed you Miltos?

Also, the website has been updated...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
By the way, i just wanted to thank a few people:

Paul Higson: without Paul this DVD label dream may possibly have never happened. Paul was instrumental in getting me some early contacts and also emailed me some photo scans, a few of which we used in the DVD slideshow. So, thankyou to Paul, we got this burst of adrenaline and a bunch of crazy ideas in our heads about this release and rushed blindly into it, not giving a damn whether we had enough money or knowing what the hell we were doing, and just DID it...

Mike Murphy: i'm proud to call Mike a friend and respect the guy immensely. He has been a real trooper for us. He has juggled two day jobs while also working when and where he could on this release for us. Digging through his archives for materials, cleaning up masters to the extent that his spare time would allow, making anamorphic transfers, back-and-forth quality issues, filming a featurette, recording commentary tracks, creating new trailers, etc...the guy has been amazing and we couldn't have done it without him...so, thankyou from your 'Sarcophilous' family Mike!

Steve Longhurst: well, what can we say about Steve...he popped up out of the woodwork at the nth hour and the original demon mask from INVITATION TO HELL was generously and graciously donated to our cause! Unbelievable. We cannot thank Steve enough for parting with this piece of Brit-horror history and he and Mike show considerable selflessness in allowing it to be given away with #666 when it goes on auction...thankyou Steve...

Pete Tombs & Bill Barounis: these two guys need no introduction. Their input was minimal and in the end their help was not needed. But it means alot to know that guys like these are so ready and willing to help their fellow indie-DVD companies out. A simple email to each and the replies were lightning-quick and fully locked and loaded ready to help where they could. There were authoring issues we were having problems with and both were ready to help. In the end, Clive found a new software that FINALLY did what we needed it to do and everything was sorted. But the fact that there are guys in the DVD business like this willing to help if some other smalltime DVD label is stuggling with something, well...that means alot to us. So thankyou Pete and thankyou Bill...

Thankyou also to Sami from BLOOD CEREMONY films for helping us out with a graphic we were after for the sleeve art. I've asked him to join the CINEHOUND family and hopefully he will find time to come on here sometime soon to discuss his magazine, his films and just to chat about film in general with us...

Finally, a thankyou goes out to everyone else who has been supportive and encouraging of what we are aiming to do with SARCOPHILOUS FILMS and what we have been doing with our debut DVD release. It means alot to have such backing!

I hope everyone who buys the DVD enjoys it, appreciates the effort that went into it and i hope there will not be too much disappointment...

Wayne & Clive

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
WANYON
Nov 30 2008, 12:55 PM
Did you receive the press-kit i emailed you Miltos?

Yep, no...!! Please send it again to:
admin@cinehound.com

bigandya
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Just ordered the signed edition Wayne - looking forward to receiving it mate!

Any chance of having a look at the press kit you've emailed Miltos? And any chance of getting #1 of the signed editions? (I dont ask for much do I?) :D

Whatever, cant wait to see it, and already looking forward to the #666 auction!

Thanks
Andy

WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Hiya mate...thanks for showing your support of our debut release! We truly appreciate each and every order...

As for being able to arrange for you to get #1, i doubt that will be possible i'm afraid as it would be unfair to pick and choose who gets what number. I hope you understand...we wouldn't want to be seen to have favourities now would we! lol

I will email Miltos the press-kit again today and hopefully he will receive it this time and be able to make use of some of the materials to give us some coverage on here...

BELOWaverage
Unregistered

Wanyon, out of curiosity, what other films have you guys been looking into potentially releasing?
Quote Post Goto Top

WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Well, i COULD tell you that...but then i would have to kill you, of course!

:ph43r:

lol

The ones we can speak about at the moment are the next 3, which again are all Mike Murphy films. "SKARE" is his most recent film (2007) and is a remake of a film of the same name that he shot in 2001. The original "SKARE" was shot on 16mm, completed and the cans of film were picked up to be couriered by Parcel Force to the processing lab. Somwhere along the way, the cans of film disppeared, never to be seen again. Mike was not happy, as you'd expect, and yet disputing it with Parcel Force offered no satisfaction or answers.
So, in 2007, Mike armed himself with his new digital format equipment and set about remaking his 'lost' film. The result, a gory cannibalistic effort, will be released in early 2009 so as to allow people to see where Mike is at now in his career and allow appreciation of his more modern work. The DVD will have a similar wealth of extras as our debut release, with trailers, featurette, commentary track, extensive slideshow and the only known surviving footage from the original 2001 version of the film!

"ATLANTIS" is one of my faves. A really delirious film that gives SINBAD OF THE SEVEN SEAS or Luigi Cozzi's HERCULES a run for their money! I love this film and can't wait to begin work on it with Mike and Clive! It has such great charm and captures the feel and heart of the old 1960s Harryhausen-era films at times with it old-school techniques that use split-screen, miniatures, etc. to wonderfully engaging effect. Again...trailers, featurette, extensive slideshow, commentary track and anything else we can add to the package WE WILL!

"THE RITE OF SPRING" is another film that i am very fond of. It has been compared (by those who have seen it!) to Hardy's THE WICKER MAN, and almost in a derogatory way, suggesting it to be a "poor man's WICKER MAN". I personally feel differently. I feel that while admiration for Hardy's film may have provided initial inspiration, the film has its own story and manages to create its own peculiar chracter. The feeling/tone of the film, however, is quite similar to Hardy's film in its eeriness, here very subtle and understated. A good film and one that needs to be out there...

When one considers that Mike makes most of his films on miniscule budgets and yet rarely opts for cheap-thrills like most ultra-low-budget filmmakers out there, throwing shoddy gore around like there is no tomorrow as they have little imagination to stretch to knowing what to do with their limited means, Mike instead grafts to craft intriguing tales. The story ideas are usually solid and the scripts well thought out. For literally just 2,000 - 5,000 (differs from film to film) he comes up with minor miracles and the day he started providing me screeners i was hooked!

We are also looking into releasing alot more of Mike's films and he is keen on us doing so as much as we are to have them. SARCOPHILOUS FILMS is as much Michael J. Murphy's label as it is ours. It is family! The home of the MJM Collection... ;p

There are other releases we are planning towards also, including a couple of VERY tasty European rarities which i am not going to mention until WAY into 2009! lol.
Seriously...you can pull my toenails and fingernails out and i STILL won't spit the news! lol

Also, we just don't want to jinx ourselves... :lol:

BELOWaverage
Unregistered

wow!!

They all sound like Great films!!!

Count me in on copies of each as they come out! :D

Atlantis sounds like a fun little romp!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Pre-orders are now being accepted for the DVD!
The pay-links are now up and running and orders are being taken, so please feel free to buy as many as you like...lol

Our thanks to any of you who have been amongst our customers so far...your support is truly appreciated... :)

WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Soooooooooooo...who amongst my esteemed Cinepups has ordered one so far then? :P

Standard copy? Signed copy?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply