Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RAMBU COVERS
Topic Started: Dec 12 2008, 11:05 AM (3,322 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Yesterday I put a couple of RAMBU vhs covers on my blog and thought it would be fun to eventually collect cover scans of all releases but obviously that takes time so I thought why not make a thread about it. B)

So if you have any covers, and I mean ANY covers, not just video tapes but also VCDs and bootlegs, then go ahead put them here and let us see 'em! :D

Here's three from me (two of which I obviously got from Miltos' sales thread yesterday :ph43r: ).

Please state which country they're from and info on dubbing, picture format, and uncut status. Thanks.

Danish vhs, English dub, fullscreen, uncut
Posted Image

Belgian vhs, French dub, fullscreen???, uncut
EDIT: it's letterboxed!
Posted Image

Miltos, is this fullscreen or lbx??

Danish vhs, cardboard cover, fullscreen, uncut
Posted Image

Same release, flipside
Posted Image
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lars Jacobsson
Superstar Member
The swedish release looks exactly like the danish:
Posted Image

5 Star Quality Film! :)

There's also two other releases, but this is the coolest (and rarest) one. Columbus / Hollywood Home Video also had other asian trash titles, IFD ninjas and Mats Helge's EAGLE ISLAND (I hear the cheezy hair metal theme song in my head as soon as I write the title... "Eagle Island... your my destiny..."). Real cool label.
http://macisteandfriends.blogspot.com/
http://tilapia.dvdaf.com/owned

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Thanks, Lars!!

I found the Dutch one (incidentally on the Swedish Skräk forum):

Holland, Eng. dub, fullscreen, uncut.
Posted Image
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Lars Jacobsson
Superstar Member
Rambu: Hands down the best intro of any movie ever made! - OLD WOMAN: "You destroyed everything I own!" HOODLUMS: "You bitches are all alike... think you can get away with bullshit dontchu! I wont pay you shit!" RAMBU: "Pay her! I said pay her! Or i'll beat you car, punk." followed by lots of crazy ballthrowing action & explosions. "Ask around pal... the name is RAMBU!". CLASSIC. As for the rest of the movie, it's great fun but I kinda prefer the somewhat tighter THE STABILIZER & THE FINAL SCORE when it comes to Arizal/Punjabi bros C-action.
http://macisteandfriends.blogspot.com/
http://tilapia.dvdaf.com/owned

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I agree! Thee best opening of any film! :D
And those other two films are fine pieces of Indo film making as well!! B)

BELOWaverage
Unregistered

I have a pic of the japanese VHS, will post it after work...
Quote Post Goto Top

BELOWaverage
Unregistered

Posted Image

A Very rare Rambu release and overall a very rare Japanese VHS, have only ever seen this exact copy one time for sale. Never seen it again since. Id assume its in english and fullscreen- maybe widescreen, but those front cover shots look quite squashy...Either way, if anyone ever finds this tape expect to pay an arm and a leg for it! its insanely rare! Id say its not as rare as devils wedding night, but its up there!!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Thanks, BELOWaverage. Could you please post your scan again, it's not working. Thanks.

BELOWaverage
Unregistered

maybe now Jack?

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Absolutely! Cool, thanks. :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply