Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RAMBU COVERS
Topic Started: Dec 12 2008, 11:05 AM (3,324 Views)
dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Here is the cover of my Swedish VHS of Intruder
Posted Image

As I told its with another movie on the same tape so the back cover is this
Posted Image

And the Malaysian VCD of the indonesian version with a indonesian lead actor
Posted Image

...and the back cover
Posted Image

Sorry for the bad pictures but that was all I could do for now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I'll make the claim that the IMDb info about the international version being called "Pembalasan Rambu" is incorrect! The international version has (afaik) never played in Indonesia or Malaysia but only overseas and only under its English (or translated) title. Hence, the international version is ONLY called THE INTRUDER. PEMBALASAN RAMBU is only used for the Indonesian version.

Btw, the Indonesian actor (in Peter O'Brian's place) is rather flat. Not over the top fun as Peter!

Also, I have a dvdr copy of the old release of PEMBALASAN RAMBU and it's missing quite a bit of violence compared to the international version. For instance, almost the entire rape scene is gone. I guess it was too much for Indonesian (or Malay) sensitivity.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

jnfernal
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Guess so.....in fact there are a few minutes difference in lenght between the indonesian and the international version. And it's not only a matter of cut/uncut VCD....probably some scenes were never edited in the indo version....

yeah....the new VCD re-release, out a couple of weeks ago................... :P

I asked my little wanita indonesia to keep me always updated on the new VCD releases by Lokasari (the only still active label for indonesian old movies nowadays) until I am here in Thailand....

Kothar
Member Avatar
Star Member
Oho, this thread is so far unnoticed by me.

Posted Image

my french vhs from MPM Productions

Posted Image

and my japanese vhs

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply