Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
YOUR LATEST DVD PURCHASES
Topic Started: Dec 19 2008, 10:59 AM (34,255 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
You... dvd swine!!! :angry:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
You can always check The British Board of Film Classification's (the BBFC) own homepage for cuts.

www.bbfc.co.uk

Not all titles are there but most are.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Diabolik
Jan 6 2009, 11:46 AM
Hey Jack... What are they talking about? DV-What? Is it a new kind of system like Betamax or Video2000?  :lol:  :lol: Those foreign people always get the new toys!!!  :(

I've looked into it and it appears it's an alternative version of VHS tapes but transferred to CD format. Why would anybody buy this??? :o

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
Jan 10 2009, 09:14 AM
But is it in stock?

Miltos, it's early Saturday morning so you're excused for not noticing his saying:

WANYON
Jan 10 2009, 03:54 AM
available in-stock since just after Xmas

:lol:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
dodo
Jan 16 2009, 11:41 AM
Oh and, where I can get the Vår Man I Beirut a.k.a Le Spie Uccidono a Beirut (R2 SWE)??

Right here:

http://www.subdvd.com/

The page has an English option.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Lars Jacobsson
Feb 22 2009, 01:34 PM
It's sad how many good companies have gone under during the last year (NoShame, Casa Negra, Subversive etc). Now seems a good time to support your favorite indie DVD compsnies...

...and of course now BCI has gone under as well. :(

I quite liked their Drive-in Classics boxes.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
resonator05
Apr 5 2009, 02:38 PM
Experience how VHS and DVD live peacefully together :lol: :lol: :

Yeah, like Turks and Greeks these days.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
resonator05
Apr 5 2009, 05:35 PM
I don't know about their situation, I do not read newspaper or follow mass media systems ;)

They used to fight and now they don't. ;) (i.e. live next to each other on the shelf, lol).

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Jared
Apr 7 2009, 01:54 AM
Just picked up four Masumura films on disc from the now defunct US co. Fantoma Films. They are all amazing films and these are all going out of print. Fantoma had the Kenneth Angers, the Coffin Joes and THE GREAT SILENCE - all now going OOP. They did a lot of Fassbinder and Fuller too but I don't care as much about them. I'd say pick up any holes in your collection now before the prices inflate on The Ebay.

How many Coffin Joe films did they put out (and which ones)? Cheers.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Jared
Apr 7 2009, 03:40 AM
Jack J
Apr 7 2009, 02:12 AM
Jared
Apr 7 2009, 01:54 AM
Just picked up four Masumura films on disc from the now defunct US co. Fantoma Films. They are all amazing films and these are all going out of print. Fantoma had the Kenneth Angers, the Coffin Joes and THE GREAT SILENCE - all now going OOP. They did a lot of Fassbinder and Fuller too but I don't care as much about them. I'd say pick up any holes in your collection now before the prices inflate on The Ebay.

How many Coffin Joe films did they put out (and which ones)? Cheers.

Three.
The first two and AWAKENING OF THE BEAST. Good discs, worth having in a collection.

Thanks. I gotta get those before they disappear.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply