Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
YOUR LATEST DVD PURCHASES
Topic Started: Dec 19 2008, 10:59 AM (34,374 Views)
petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Lars Jacobsson
Dec 19 2008, 10:59 AM
I'm sorry to all confirmed VHS geeks, but I think we need this thread too.

Vampyros Lesbos
Funerral Parade of Roses
Marketa Lazrova
Werckmesister Harmonies / Damnation
Valerie and Her Week of Wonder

very nice selection Lars! although you could have gotten Celine and Julie from me in a nice trade :) I put it up for trade here on the forum a long while back...

The titles I selected from your list are discs I also have in my collection and that Vampyr is on my wantlist, but lately I have been buying a lot of Japanese (samurai) films, so I think already spend my christmas bonus :)

Assault! Jack the Ripper
The Watcher in the Attic
The Warrior
Makai Tensho: Samurai Reincarnation
Legend Of The Eight Samurai
Hanzo The Razor
Beautiful Hunter
The Shogun Collection
Ninja Wars
Ninja Scroll - 10th Anniversary Edition
Gojoe
Irezumi
Sky High
Night Watch / Day Watch (Special Edition Directors Cuts)
Naked Youth
The Sun's Burial
Man Stroke Woman - Series 1
Man Stroke Woman : Complete BBC Series 2
The Fast Show : Ultimate Collection (7 Disc BBC Box Set)
Female Demon Ohyaku
Female Yakuza Tale: inquisition & torture
Quick-draw Okatsu
Okatsu the Fugitive

That's about it for this month I think (although the month isn't over yet :)) so, as you can see my DVD budget is bigger than my VHS one, I'm a man of all ages :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Lars Jacobsson
Dec 19 2008, 01:38 PM
should be interesting to finally check out Rivette.

The little I have seen from him I liked, but I was expecting só much from this one (there is a lot of hype about it, if you can speak of things like that in the arthouse world) that it became a bit of a dissapointment. I liked the concept of what he was trying to do, but on the whole it didn't do anything for me... I don't know, maybe you'll like it a lot. I just know I don't need it in my collection as I won't have to see this a second time or reccomend it to anyone :)

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Internet orders:
the last house on the left - "3 disc ultimate edition" metrodome
vampyr - "the masters of cinema series" eureka!
in the mouth of madness - new line (region 1)
marco ferreri: the collection - koch lorber (region 1)
salo, or the 120 days of sodom - criterion collection (region 1)

from local stores (so, Dutch releases):
In Bruges
Lust, Caution
Caligula (imperial edition)
Les Heroines du Mal

there was a little bit left of the christmas bonus... :)

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
it sure is!
haven't ordered it myself yet, but it's on the top of my list
nice one

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I'm having my film festival holiday and was in the mood to throw away a lot of dough on DVD's. Movies, movies and MORE movies is what I want! :)

tokyo gore police (said it before: top of my list)

Storia Di Pierra (as I bought the recent region 1 Ferreri box, I thought I might as well ad this nice Dutch release to the collection)

the wong kar wai collection (was in doubt of getting this recent AE region 2 release or the Criterion release of Chunking Express that has probably got the better image. I couldn't find any reviews of this box yet but previous releases of the wong kar wai movies by AE were good and now I get two bonus movies, ashes of time redux and happy together, and still pay less! I've not seen Chunking Express before so I thought this to be more than good for a first viewing. If the movie turns out to be my alltime favourite I can always still go for the Criterion)

some late additions to my nunsploitation collection
flavia the heretic (the region 1 release. was in doubt of getting the recent region 2 release that is cheaper and has a véry nice reversable cover, but this one got slightly better reviews on image quality)
satanico pandemonium
also really waiting on the new nunsploitation coming from Mondo Macabro! the new disc at the top of my list now

and my first Redemption DVD's
the escapees
fascination
justine

Because Redemption releases being often not the best available and the packaging design they have often not very much to my liking, I stayed away from them till now but with the release of Jean Rollin's the Escapees they got me. Very curious about that movie! And Encore isn't likely to roll out any more of their special edition Jean Rollin releases any time soon (they didn't make much money on their beautiful releases it seems, even though they were very expensive, at first). So also picked up Fascination (I like the cover of the new re-release).
And Justine as another adition to the nunsploitation collection and another great cover (I know this one seems to be cut, but don't think there will be another DVD release of the movie anytime soon, so for completeness sake and to check it out once I thought it ok to just throw this one in as well)

maitresse (criterion)
inside
anders thomas jensen collection (only 15 euro on sale now! Dutch box set containing Election Night, Flickering Lights, The Green Butchers and Adam's Apples)

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I kept it calm this month :)

satyricon (federico fellini mgm)
city of women (federico fellini umbrella)
peacock king (nam nai choi universe laser)
saga of the phoenix (nam nai choi universe laser)
zipang (kaizo hayashi pagan)

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
oops, no I didn't
these I have ordered or have come in since that last post!!

die viper (roma a mano armata, umberto lenzi, new entertainment)
le cercle rouge (criterion collection)
un flic
fellini's casanova
songs from the second floor
the seventh curse
Ashura
Sakuya-The Slayer Of Demons
the sexy killer
bakushi
sins of sister lucia

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Lars Jacobsson
Feb 6 2009, 10:23 AM
Posted Image
Posted Image

is it correct to say that Empire of Ash II = Empire of Ash and Empire of Ash = Empire of Ash III? :)

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
It already was confusing, but if Empire of Ash III (part 2 of the 2 part series) has been retitled Empire of Ash II for this DVD release, the confusion only grows :)
Love it :)

the artwork of the Empire of Ash DVD looks the same as the artwork of the Empire of Ash III VCD though... but I haven't seen these two movies yet, so I couldn't tell which is which :)

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Member-X
Mar 18 2009, 12:25 AM
Today it arrived, 3 disc set of Tears of Kali! :D

Posted Image Posted Image

Very beautiful edition, though my photos really don't do justice to it.
But I'm happy that I got this beautiful edition of this amazing movie.
€14.79 delivered (Cdwow).

wow, a very cool box of a very cool movie indeed. tempted to buy this myself now I've seen it...

but already have more than enough coming in lately...
mainly expanding on my (eastern) fantasy collection

battlefield baseball
your vice is a locked room and only I have the key
shaolin handlock
the magnificent trio
twelve gold medaillions
american ninja
gymkata
the octagon
onmyoji 1+2
Dr Wai In The Scripture With No Words (Remastered)
God Of Gamblers (Remastered)
Story Of Ricky (Digitally Remastered)
The Legend of Wisely
the jungle book (sabu)
the thief of bagdad (sabu)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply