Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
YOUR LATEST DVD PURCHASES
Topic Started: Dec 19 2008, 10:59 AM (34,259 Views)
candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Went to a german dvd fair in Dusseldorf yesterday so got a bunch of stuff

Posted Image

I have been going since 2005 to these fairs and I must say, DVDs have NEVER been this expensive. There basically no deals anymore (like 5 for 20) and dvds that were going for 5 euro/piece years ago are now priced 15. There is almost no difference with online shopping while I used to save like 5 euro/dvd by going to these fairs (gass price and shipping costs taking into account). If you you buy a few dvds from the same dealer you can still get a few euro off but they are quite reluctant to do so compared to a few years ago.

Also , a huge amount of bootlegs are on sale and not the "nice big hardbox kickass cover" bootlegs you used to find but the "amaray case with crappy scanned cover and printed with inktjet printer" kind.

And as Bluray is gaining popularity , the amount of cult films is also decreasing since these are not being released on Bluray.

Still, more fun than online shopping
DVD Collection
European Adult VHS/DVD releases
Cult Actors: Identified
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Some turkish dvds with English subs

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
bdc
Sep 22 2012, 03:27 PM
Got this for 3 Euro at work yesterday...can't find any info on it online ...it's a HK Deltamac/Fox release I think (does anyone have more info?).

Pictures don't work...

Went to Germany today. A bit disappointing as there was lots of empty space in the room where there are normally dealers and I didn't buy that much. All new releases there lately seem to be super special limited editions with 5 different cover versions and unfortunately also in the 20-30 euro range. As usual I bought an unknown title (i really need to stop doing that) Tage des Terrors which turns out to be Above the Law which I already own on a French dvd. Krokodile is the thai movie Chorake which is encoded as 16/9 instead of 4/3 so it looks completely squashed and it has only german audio. Oh well, it looked like a bootleg so I guess was asking to be screwed over :). And the Heisse beruhrungen slip cover has some small damage which i didn't notice :(
Posted Image

DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
bdc
Sep 24 2012, 07:34 AM
But still that's a very nice haul!  :up:
Is that CMV Night of a Thousand Cats?

Btw thanks for letting me know my pics don't work.  ;)

I've edited my post.

Yes it's Cardona's Night of a Thousand Cats, German audio only though. Unfortunately I couldn't find the other cover which I like better
Posted Image

So you bought a chinese bootleg of the X-Files for 3 euro ? congrats :)

That reminds me I should get one of those Studio Ghibli boxes :)
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
bdc
Sep 24 2012, 10:28 AM
I personally like the one you bought better...thanks for the info about the German dub.

To be completely correct, the main 78 min version (2.35:1) only has german audio. The "american" version with English audio is included as an extra but it's a horrible fullscreen VHS transfer and only 60min long
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Finally found Code Red's Nightmare 30th Anniversary edition new & sealed for an "acceptable" price of $54 dollars including shipping on ebay. Turns out the idiot seller put the actual price on the package and I had to pay an additional $31 in customs fees! This is the first time someone actually does that instead of putting a standard $5/$10, just incredible. I don't even like the movie, just trying to get most of Code Red's releases of european movies :( Still need The Dead are Alive...
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Is there a Maladolescenza sale somewhere? :blink:
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
giallohunter
Sep 29 2013, 07:42 AM
candela
Sep 29 2013, 01:27 AM
Is there a Maladolescenza sale somewhere?  :blink:

I got my copy from a Swiss collector over at facebook that had a double of it.

Dunno where Nuno got his from but Kenneth M have/had one for sale: Maladolescenza X-Rated Kult DVD not so long ago.

Also a copy with the "Pink artwork" was up for auction on facebook 3-4 weeks ago that i was bidding on but unfortunally i was not home when the auction ended and someone else won it. :(

not looking for one myself, I luckily bought it when it first came out, but I've never seen one for sale before so i was surprised to 2 people bought one at the same time
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
giallohunter
Sep 29 2013, 04:13 PM
candela
Sep 29 2013, 07:02 PM
not looking for one myself, I luckily bought it when it first came out, but I've never seen one for sale before so i was surprised to 2 people bought one at the same time

Lucky you. ;)

These days they are going for crazy money whenever one turns up for auction.

yep paid 18 euro for it at a DVD fair in Cologne. those were the times, driving to germany and coming back with bags full of dvds and 500 euro less in my pocket, lol . Everything was significantly cheapr back then compared to online, saving like 5 euro/dvd (even when taking gas money into account). But last few years dealers brought more and more mainstream stuff and the price difference almost completely disappeared. haven't been to one in 2 years maybe, should try it again, see what the status is now
DVD Collection

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply