Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
THE RAREST GREEK VIDZ, IN YOUR OPINION?; For non-greeks ONLY, please!
Topic Started: Feb 13 2009, 04:44 PM (13,752 Views)
cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
ONARFILMS
Mar 3 2009, 09:34 AM

ALSO, MILTOS, WHY DON'T YOU GIVE US YOUR TOP 10 HERE? ;)

But...you say in the subtitle: "For non-greeks ONLY, please!" :unsure:
And in the post:"Greeks are NOT supposed to participate for the moment as I want to compile a top 10 of the DAMNRAREST greek vidz according to NON-GREEKS!"

If you want I can participate but let me think well...But I suppose Nikos and Lefteris should also talk then :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Here we go (in no particular order)
-------------------------------------------

SCHOOLGIRL HITCHHIKERS (IVC)
SUNDAY WOMAN (Lava Video)
NEL BUIO DEL TERRORE (Apollon TV Video)
COME CANI ARRABIATTI (SK)
DEBORAH (General Video)
SS CAMP 5 WOMEN'S HELL (IVC)
DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT- IVC
RED HEADED CORPSE- IVC
LA CONTRAFIGURA (IVC)
BLOOD FOR DRACULA (Argo Video)
TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD (uncut / don't recall label, that one from Volos...)

I must explain - these are the tapes I've seen ONCE in my life so I call them "rarest between the rare ones". Next lavel are tapes I've seen twice, ultra-rare too I guess, but I mention here the rarest.

I have seen once a few more but they are unofficial (like ILSA TIGRESS OF SIBERIA, BLOODSUCKING FREAKS etc), out there you could call them bootlegs. I guess they are still much valuable for us in Greece!

Well, I may miss a couple, my memory is still my worst enemy :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
I tried hard to make them 10 but I count they're 11...oh well... B)
Offline Profile Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
There's never a finale in this thread :D

Unknown releases could be found in the future...

And, again, there's not an "absolute answer" in this thread, right?
Offline Profile Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
I remember many years ago when I was so damn fool and I sold DEBORAH (General) and SUGAR HILL ZOMBIES :blink:
I don't know if Bill took it from me. It was before ebay times.

Of course back then you didn't know what is rare or not. Videoclubs were full of b-movies and strange tapes. I had seen SUGAR HILL ZOMBIES on a midnight screening and I thought it was an awful film so I gave away the tape with pleasure. It may went to Rene Hogguer (CineCity, Netherlands), I don't really remember. Back then I used to do TONS of swaps with Rene, I had long phone talks with him and we swap 20 tapes per month. Great times! But I had no brain so I gave away many precious tapes thinking "What the hell? I'll find another one soon!"...

I have my rarest tapes in my parents' house (there is my best part of my VHS / LD / LP collection) but when I go again I'll try to bring some rare sleeves to scan them from you.

Offline Profile Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Bill, I beleive you got SUGARHILL ZOMBIES for me! Because I'm almost sure it went to USA, not to Rene. These were great times, I used to send you my hand-written list and receive your marvellous catalogues!
Offline Profile Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
I hope someone could help with that THE NAME OF THE GAME IS KILL Videovision cover! I think Videovision is one of those ghost labels that nobody really knows its releases...Lost in time, indeed.

Great pictures guys B)

Offline Profile Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
ONARFILMS
Mar 12 2009, 02:52 PM
OOPS!

I forgot these:

BEYOND THE DARKNESS (REX, SMALL BOX)- Miltos has it
BLACK COBRA (SPRING VIDEO) I have it (buried somewhere..)

Bill, do you think that small box is rare? I haven't seen it a lot of timers but I never consider it so rare...
Offline Profile Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yes, marvellous :)

In fact I'm feeling as a soldier without a gun here, my rarest stuff is in my old house and my mother is waiting behind the door to kill me :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the weather turns shinny here so it's rather time for her to visit our house in the country, so the bad son could go there and bring some stuff I hope!

It all started with my marriage, you know, she were completely upset and against it, she never came to the church and then we lost contact.

You could ask why I didn't bring all my stuff in my new house. The answer is rather simple, my old house has six rooms while this one I live now only three. No room for my tons of stuff. Not only tapes but tons of Laserdiscs, fanzines, CDs, VCDs, books...There is no room for them here I'm affraid :(

OK, it's my personal pain, I suppose nobody interest...
Offline Profile Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
:lol: :lol: :lol:

95% of my Japanese VHS is here as I started collecting them recently...
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Greek VHS Museum · Next Topic »
Locked Topic