Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
THE RAREST GREEK VIDZ, IN YOUR OPINION?; For non-greeks ONLY, please!
Topic Started: Feb 13 2009, 04:44 PM (14,208 Views)
ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Hey!

It would be interesting to see what you think about this.

Let us see which greek vidz are the supermegararest ones according to you.
Not necessarily vidz you already have of course (as they wouldn't be that rare, right?) but mainly vidz you have heard of or seen once on the net or someone you know has them, is looking for them etc.

Greeks are NOT supposed to participate for the moment as I want to compile a top 10 of the DAMNRAREST greek vidz according to NON-GREEKS!

In a week or so once there's lots of feedback I'll add my comments on that top-10.
And of course, all the other greek guys can contribute their opinions, experiences, comments etc...

Agreed?? Hope so.. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Hey hey hey!!!

Guys... GUYS!

What's wrong with ya?
You're supposed to participate with info on MEGA-RARE greek vidz... NOT fool around.. :angry: :angry:

;) ;) :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Kenneth M
Feb 21 2009, 05:13 PM
C'mon Bill. I've been waiting to hear which ones you feel are the most rarest. :D

Heya Kenneth!

It's NOT what I "feel" but what "I'm defintely positive" :rolleyes:

Man, out of the 30 posts on this topic most of them are chat-chat.

I'm still waiting for a few more opinions and then I'll let ya know although I'm not that sure I'm willing to do a detailed top-10 per genre.

I think Bill Knight was going to contribute too... Bill?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
HEY HEY!!

BILL KNIGHT WHERE ARE YOU?

ALSO, MILTOS, WHY DON'T YOU GIVE US YOUR TOP 10 HERE? ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
cinehound
Mar 3 2009, 04:27 PM
But...you say in the subtitle: "For non-greeks ONLY, please!" :unsure:
And in the post:"Greeks are NOT supposed to participate for the moment as I want to compile a top 10 of the DAMNRAREST greek vidz according to NON-GREEKS!"

:ph43r: :ph43r:
RIGHT!
I'm getting old and I'm losing it!

So, ok, looks like the foreigners who wanted to participate did what they did and I guess noone else is interested anymore (BUT WHERE ARE YOU BILL KNIGHT?)

So... time for Greeks to step in :)

Since I started this topic allow me the privilege of being the last one who will say his opinion.

Meanwhile, IVC DOCTOR, let us see your top 10 (or 15 or 20) of rarities.
Lefteris, please come on in!
And Miltos, don't waste any more time! ;)

Offline Profile Goto Top

ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
NOT before Lefteris comes up with HIS list ;)

IF you wanna see some scans too you must be a bit more patient.
It will take me endless hours to dig through skyscrapers behind other skyscrapers behind other skyscrapers that are behind other skyscrapers of vidz... :ph43r:
Offline Profile Goto Top

ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Hey!
So, where are you LEFTERIS & BILL KNIGHT?? B)

Now, after hours of digging, I realised there is NO top 10! :o

Why??
Because I have dozens of top-10 rarest tapes so how could I possibly narrow them down to 10?

Anyway, as I don't have the time nor patience to sit and scan and upload 40 single scans, how can I upload digital photos of many covers together AND have the uploaded image supersizable (that is, you click on it and it gets real big)?

I tried uploading a single scan and I wasn't allowed to as "the file is too big".
Offline Profile Goto Top

ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Ok then

First let me say what constitutes a tape MEGARARE TOP-10:

1) Noone has it and just a few have heard of it or remember they once saw it somewhere.

2) ONLY one person has it, in other words ONLY one copy is around. All the better if noone else has ever seen it in his life.

That said, it looks like that the rarest greek tapes are tapes that NO FOREIGNER HAS THEM, because I believe there is NO such tape (that a foreigner has while NO greek collector has it). Correct me if there is such a case.

Therefore, I must EXCLUDE from the DAMNRARE list most of the aforementioned tapes like HUNTING GROUND, COME CANI ARRABIATI, TWO FACES OF TERROR, CLOSED CIRCUIT, CROSS CURRENT, GLI UCCISSORI, SS CAMP 5 (IVC), NEL BUIO DEL TERRORE, BLOOD FOR DRACULA etc etc etc because there are at least 2 guys who have copies of, so they're NOT unique copies therefore they do NOT belong to the top-10 list, ok?

Now, let me start with the tapes that I don't have and only the other greek guys have-used to have or have once seen:

DEBORAH (GENERAL/IVC)- nobody has it
VAMPYRES (VCG?)- nobody has it
SUGARHILL ZOMBIES (??) nobody has it
NIGHT OF THE DEVILS (IVC small box)- Lefteris
BLOOD AND BLACK LACE(DANAE)- Nick- ivc doctor
ERIK THE VIKING (VIPS)- Nick
BATTLE OF MARATHON-(?)- Miltos
A BULLET IN THE HEAD- Miltos has seen it
DERANGED- Miltos
SUNDAY WOMAN (LAVA)- Miltos

I also remember Miltos saying he had bought a cannibal film on a rarest label and I've never even seen it. I guess it may have been Last Cannibal World. It's NOT Make them Die Slowly, neither Mountain of the Cannibal God.

Offline Profile Goto Top

ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
As for my collection of UNIQUE TOP-10/20/30/whatever I just couldn't narrow them down to 10 only because since all of them are believed (by me at least) to be unique copies and I have NEVER seen them again how could I say this is rarer than that etc?

Anyway, lemme start with a few IVC tapes that I guess I'm the only one who has them:

NIGHT OF THE DEVILS- IL TRUCIDO E IL SBIRRO- PAURA IN CITTA- FIGURES IN A LANDSCAPE- CUORE DI CANE- SCHOOLGIRLS HITCHHIKERS- THE FAST KILL- DEVIL TIMES FIVE.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
DEVIL'S WEDDING NIGHT- IVC (OF COURSE!)
Attached to this post:
Attachments: ELATI_2009_049.jpg (142.09 KB)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Greek VHS Museum · Next Topic »
Locked Topic