Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
JAPANESE VHS SLEEVES
Topic Started: Apr 7 2009, 09:26 PM (37,094 Views)
thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Here is a rarity I have only seen one other time. And unfortunately, I sold my copy long before I did my standard scan of each sleeve so this digital photo will have to do. Anyway, it's ZENABEL (1970) on the DAIEI VIDEO label (STAR MOVIE SELECTION by SALKIND). An early goofy period comedy by RUGGERO DEODATO with lots of topless women on horseback.

Sorry for the small picture size. For some reason I couldn't get the File Attachments browser to accept my initial sized image... and kept reducing it and reducing it until this size finally worked... but it's only 220kb. Is the built-in picture browser having some kind of glitch?
Posted Image
Our Japanese VHS listings on eBay!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
anthropophagouz
Jun 24 2009, 06:06 AM
Hey Paul, nice to see you here!

The image is not loading for me...your best bet is uploading a larger one to www.imageshack.us and just posting the image.

Hey Louis, how are ya? Yea, I see lots of familiar faces on here all the time. Mostly been a lurker and reader all these years since I joined. When Miltos sent out his "get active or get kicked out" message last week, I decided to participate on this forum. This is my favorite by far and always has been. So much to read and see.

Anyway, you can't see the image, huh? I guess I will have to use imageshack after all. Do they restrict image content, ie: nudity, etc? I guess I will find out. I plan on eventually loading up a lot more sleeve scans when I get more time.
Posted Image

thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Okay... imageshack hosted ZENABEL (1970) Japanese VHS (Daiei Video) images:

Posted Image
FRONT COVER

Posted Image
BACK COVER

Posted Image
SPINE

Hope this works a bit better than the built-in File Attachments browser in the forum.

Sorry for the Z-Grade watermarks... it's the only way I have lots of my sleeve scans and old photos saved.

:) Paul
Posted Image

thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Here's a sleazy WIP gem... WOMEN IN FURY (1985) - EION VIDEO - Starring Suzane Carvalho.

Posted Image
FRONT COVER

Posted Image
BACK COVER

Posted Image
SPINE
Posted Image

thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Another rarity sold off quite a while ago, hence the lower-res digital camera images instead of flatbed scans that I did later on.

Up next... BARRACUDA (1978) aka: THE LUCIFER PROJECT on the rare EP CO. LTD. label. A somewhat laughable killer fish in the sea saga... a poor man's JAWS mixed with an environmental conspiracy theory. But if you really want a laugh, read the brief description written by a somewhat hobbled English language writer in Japan. Just beautiful. Perhaps the best synopsis ever written. And, it's in COLLOR too!!

Posted Image
FRONT COVER

Posted Image
BACK COVER
Posted Image

thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
COBRA MISSION (1985) -- TEICHIKU VIDEO -- Nam actioner directed by FABRIZIO DE ANGELIS and starring JOHN STEINER and DONALD PLEASENCE. Nice cover, but bad digital pics on my part. Sold long ago and no flatbed scan at the time. Damn.

Posted Image
FRONT COVER

Posted Image
BACK COVER

Posted Image
SPINE
Posted Image

thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
MASTER OF THE WORLD (1983) -- SPO HOME VIDEO. Sorry guys, these digi-photos look particularly fuzzy, and no, 3-D glasses won't help. Although if this film had been shot in 3-D, it would have given a lot more dimension to the brain eating scene.

Posted Image
FRONT COVER

Posted Image
BACK COVER

Posted Image
SPINE
Posted Image

thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
MONSTER SHARK (1984) aka: DEVIL FISH -- COLUMBIA VIDEO

Posted Image
FRONT COVER

Posted Image
BACK COVER
Posted Image

thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
THE MUTILATOR (1985) aka: FALL BREAK -- TOKUMA COMMUNICATIONS / TCC VIDEO. Fantastic sleeve art on this gory slasher. One of my favorites. If I only had the flatbed scan of this one. Yea, I know... kinda blurry again. It's all I've got. Sold back in '05.

Posted Image
FRONT COVER

Posted Image
BACK COVER

Posted Image
SPINE
Posted Image

thechooper
Member Avatar
[ * ]
ORLOFF AND THE INVISIBLE MAN (1971) aka: THE INVISIBLE DEAD -- INFERNO / NETWORK CORP / EUROCINE VIDEO INTERNATIONAL -- Here's where a sleeve far outshines the actual film starring HOWARD VERNON. Love, love, love the Japanese sleeve art for this one.

Posted Image
FRONT COVER

Posted Image
BACK COVER

Posted Image
SPINE

Well, it's way past my bedtime. I will add some more Japanese VHS tomorrow. I eventually will start dropping full scan sleeves. Just wanted to share some of the tapes I have sold long ago that I only had low-res digi photos of in my archives. May have a few more still... if you guys can live with the occasional less-than-sharp image.

Paul (Z-Grade)
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply