Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
JAPANESE VHS SLEEVES
Topic Started: Apr 7 2009, 09:26 PM (36,855 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

You sure got this thread going, Michael!!! Just BEAUTIFUL stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting! Keep 'em coming!!! :hello!:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
WANYON
Apr 11 2009, 01:03 AM
Same goes for DEAD HEAT...that is another film i wrote about in my little piece on the most mythical missing gore moments.

All this is very interesting, Wayne, as this is one of my all time fave flicks. I have the Aussie vhs and a dvd of this. So these are the shortened version, eh? Was a fully uncut version ever released in any format?
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Stephen Gladwin
May 17 2009, 03:00 AM
Here's one I know we'd all like to see (I know Mr. Jack J will love it)! And NO, I don't have the actual tape! I got this full-size scan from one Mr. Spiralheadcase!

*And a request: Can anyone post a full-size scan of that awesome Hong Kong VHS release of ANTHROPOPHAGUS?

Posted Image

:wub: :wub: :wub:

WAUW!!! I've left out checking this thread the past week or so and I can see that was clearly a mistake :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that scan, Steve!!! :hello!:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Posted Image
Nocturna
May 16 2009, 12:57 PM
I`ve got this a few weeks ago..

Veeery nice!! :wub: Where did you get it from?

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Stephen Gladwin
May 17 2009, 08:43 AM
Actually, from what I remember, this was one of the least entertaining Indo horrors. BUT, I saw it years and years ago. Maybe I should dig it out of storage and take another look...

You remember correctly. It was alright but not one of the best Indo horrors. But as I said; alright i.e. fairly good.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
resonator05
May 17 2009, 08:57 AM
yeah it went for pretty good coin, 100 USD +.

Havent seen it yet, btw, was this ever dubbed in english? jap. VHS has indo language.

No, never dubbed. The us DVD uses the Jap. VHS and has a black bar over the Jap. subs. It's a terrible DVD cos due to the black bar quite a bit of the picture is covered. :angry:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
resonator05
May 29 2009, 12:14 AM
but jack, I believe there is no loss of picture information, because the japanese usually just put the whole picture above and put the subtitles in the low widescreen bar (and I guess this is just covered on the DVD so you cannot see the subs). sorry for the terrible english, hope you understand :)

Well if you're right then that's just dandy!! I haven't watched the Japanese version but that would certainly be in the terrible DVDs advantage (there is no excuse for the 10 times the picture disappears in pixelation fuck-up though! :angry: ).

No reason for apologies about the lingo. Mein deutsch is so schlimmerlich schlimm dass es ist nur forchtbar. Oder ist dass vurchtbar. Or something else. :lol: :lol:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
resonator05
May 29 2009, 12:39 AM
But you have for sure seen movies on japanese tapes in 2.35 ratio...they usually have a very small bar upside and large one down, to put the subtitles into the big lower black bar and not in the picture....so if there is just a small bar on the upper picture and a big on the lower, the DVD should be ok...

Sure I have but I read a review of that US dvd and the reviewer said that a part of the picture had been covered up so I just bought into that explanation. No, you shouldn't do something like that without checking. But I did. :hi:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
That's an awesome cover for IMPOSSIBLE WOMAN!! :wub:

I really like that movie and have got the Greek tape which carries the original version of the film (in Mandarin + Eng. subs). I've read that there is an international print with new scenes with Gwilo actors. I assume the Japanese tape is the original version?

Btw, the Japanese title has a "2" at the end. I take it they released it as a sequel to another (unrelated) film in Japan. Do any of you know which one?

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
ed209vscain
Sep 21 2010, 01:02 AM
THE SCAN JUST CUTS OFF THE SIDES. ITS TO BAD THE COVER HAS HER NIPPLE ON THE LEFT SIDE.

Oh no!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

You gotta do a new scan!!! We want the nipple!!! :o

:D

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply