Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Your favorite Film Books; And mags, pamphlets, fanzines, etc
Topic Started: Jun 21 2009, 12:47 AM (3,274 Views)
bdc
Member Avatar
Star Member
Very nice! :up:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dodo
Star Member
bdc
Jul 8 2013, 08:55 PM
Very nice! :up:

This looks very nice:

http://www.mcfarlandpub.com/book-2.php?id=978-0-7864-6976-5
retro-pop-art-confusion

dodo
Star Member
I didn't like Troy Howarth’s Bava book so much, but I’m going to buy this one for sure:

http://www.midmar.com/exploitationsodeadly.html
retro-pop-art-confusion

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Here's a book that has quickly become one of my faves! XEROX FEROX is an 800 page tome about the horror and exploitation movie fanzines that most of us used to read in the old days. There's about 50 chapters and each chapter has a piece on a different zine and interviews the original editor. Needless to say it's fun ready interviews with guys in their 40s/50s talking about zines they did 20-30 years ago. It's a great read and I highly recommend it. I got mine from Amazon at £14 + pp.

Posted Image
Edited by Jack J, Aug 29 2015, 06:05 PM.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Lamao
Member Avatar
[ * ]
A fave of mine

Posted Image
Edited by Lamao, Sep 3 2015, 06:22 PM.

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
The interest in print media is going back and back I guess but are there any current movie fanzines that you like to read? Of course I'm following the woof magazin and I really like it.

I'm tired of reading everything up in the internet, I spend enough time infront of the PC already, would be nice if I could shift my movie hobby a little bit more into the offline world.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Movie Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply