Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Norwegian films
Topic Started: Jul 4 2009, 11:49 AM (8,542 Views)
Morty
[ * ]
Sami sex films? Hehe. I wish! No, only one that springs to mind is Rymdinvasion i Lappland. But that is a Swedish/American production.

There are some biker samis in Free Jimmy, but that is an animation.

Kill Buljo has a Sami setting, it is a spoof on Kill Buljo. Kill Buljo 2 is set in Thailand thou :D

There is also the odd little dark comedy called Svidd Neger, translated that would be Scorched Negro. About a black man who wants to be a Sami. Got a pretty good soundtrack from Ulver, and a sort of cult status.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dodo
Star Member
I never heard of Svidd Neger. It's funny in Finland there's a lot of films that are set in Lapland. And surprisingly many also are "cult" films, like Noidan Kirot, Valkoinen peura, the Villi Pohjola films and the shot in Norway's Lapland the Last Border.
retro-pop-art-confusion

Morty
[ * ]
Are any of these easy to find?

I bet Finland has a bit more of that free spirit, while Norway has been a little to controlled by state grants. We have had very little production on the side, a few odd balls here and there, but in general it has been grant regulated.

dodo
Star Member
Teuvo Tulio's Sensuela is wildest Finnish cult film ever! You should start with it. It's out on DVD with English subs! And it's a Sami sex film for you, ehehehe!!!

Valkoinen peura is the best Finnish horror film! And it's out with English subs in French. Also the Last Border is out on DVD and it's in English. The rest are not so easy... See the "Finnish films" discussion for more nice info and films :cheers:

This reminds me. How many horror films are there in Norway? Can you do a list of all.

State grants rule in Finland also. But there (are) were free spirits like Teuvo Tulio and Visa Mäkinen who worked outside the system. I think I read somewhere that Norwegian grants system was somehow region locked, and that's why there were not so many films made?
retro-pop-art-confusion

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Euro Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply