Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Your latest laserdisc purchase
Topic Started: Jul 10 2009, 11:49 AM (14,600 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Alright, this is the DVD section and obviously this shouldn't go here but we have no section for laserdiscs so LIVE WITH IT!!! :lol:

I just won John Woo's gritty film HEROES SHED NO TEARS on UK laserdisc for the whooping prise of ... 75 pence!!!!!!!! :D :D

Posted Image
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Posted Image
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
A SERIOUS SHOCK! YES MADAM! aka Yes Madam '92: A Serious Shock
aka Death Triangle. Never released on DVD. This is a beaut! Pretty and usual do-gooder Moon Lee is a truly bad guy (her only bad guy role?? I think so!) and is up against Cynthia Khan and Yukari Oshima. Great flick!!

Posted Image

You don't find these lying around in barging bins anywhere. :lol:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
spannick
Jul 7 2010, 04:19 PM
LOL that's almost the same Cover as BEAUTY INVESTIGATOR from the same Company :D

:lol: I haven't seen that cover.

This is the version I have (+ the Eng. dubbed dvd :( ):

Posted Image

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
cinehound
Jul 6 2010, 09:33 AM
Congratulations :cheers:

Thanks. :D

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Is Uncle Chainsaw still around? He should be happy, he's heavily into LD's as well. :ph43r:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
BEAUTY INVESTIGATOR (Moon Lee + Yukari Oshima, English subs) :wub:

Posted Image

I already had the movie on NTSC VHS from TaiSeng but altho it's a nice letterboxed print the picture is pretty washed out. :(
There is a DVD release but altho it's also from TaiSeng for some reason they've chosen to released it as a fullscreen, English dubbed version. :o
Hopefully this LD is gonna blow these other inferior versions away. :lol:

Posted Image

And finally... the Pakistani poster!!! :D

Posted Image

Oh, and if anybody wants the HK VCD version it's on eBay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

:tapelove:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Thanks, Cannibal man. How many have I got? Not very many. 20 or 25 at the most. So far Laserdiscs have only been an alternative to me when there's certain most wanted films I can't get on DVD.

There's a kick-ass clip from the movie I just bought here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHtdn7__EVY...player_embedded

I love my video release of this but the picture quality just isn't very good. Picture more washed out than an old Iron Maiden T-shirt.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
unuuk
Dec 8 2010, 08:21 PM
nice one with that disc, i got deadly dream women off the same seller and the only bidder! :)  ive got a tai seng dvd of beauty investigators and its letterboxed and eng sub???? :unsure: i also heard the laserdisc is cut in some way?!?

Did your Deadly Dream Women have English subs?

A subbed dvd of Beauty Investigator??? I couldn't find any info of that and assumed it didn't exist. Very cool. Did you buy it recently and what does the cover look like?

The LD is cut? Just my luck. How much is cut?

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
unuuk
Dec 8 2010, 08:50 PM
i do apologise mate, its dubbed. nice letterbox print though. yeah, deadly dream women has subs. about 28 seconds of a shower scene is missing from the laser print, but the tai seng dvd is uncut!

Thanks for the info. Bummer about the 28 sec!!! Someone should make a fan edit. I wonder if the subbed VCD is uncut.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Laserdiscs · Next Topic »
Add Reply