Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Your latest laserdisc purchase
Topic Started: Jul 10 2009, 11:49 AM (14,590 Views)
Jinha
[ * ]
I was fortunate enough to establish a contact in HK to find LDs for me!! I just recently bought these from him!!

The Tantana
Mad Mad Ghost
My Flying Wife
Shy Spirit
Pantyhose Hero
The Wicked City (uncut)(or rather extended cut)
Gambling Ghost

Also purchased a couple of LDs from two wonderful fellow Cinehound members (laserdiscs4life and cinehound)

Slickers vs Killers
Painted Faces

Just Heroes

And lastly, found a really awesome seller in the US that sold me

Drug Fighters
Teenage Master
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jinha
[ * ]
Yep the one and the same with Collin Chou and Yuen Wah :) Thanks. I never thought I would find so many in the such little time that I started buying them.

Will post pics when that one comes in (which should be tomorrow or Saturday at the latest).

Jinha
[ * ]
you got that off ebay didnt you? that's Hero Dream right? i saw it too but didnt want to spend that much at that time.

Jinha
[ * ]
Over the last month or so:

Pedicab Driver (played perfectly except for the last minute on sida A, then it started to freeze :( )
License to Steal
Lover's Tear
Once Upon a Time in China 5
Into the Fire
City Warriors
The Blade
City Cops
Prince of the Sun

thanks to laserdiscs4life for selling me these two awesome films!!!
Legend of the Wolf (letterboxed!!)
Stone Age Warriors

non-asian:
Necronomicon
Heatseeker
The Keep (widescreen!!)
Double Dragon (widescreen!! cheesy as hell i know but I loved it when I was little and I'm a huge mark dacascos fan)
Tiny Toon Adventures: How I spent My Vacation

Jinha
[ * ]
there were two US releases. Tone I have is indeed the widescreen release. I was very lucky to win it on ebay for the low price that I got it for. I literally won at the last second cause I had a higher max bid of like 50 cents.

Every once in a while the widescreen one will go on ebay, but the sellers don't identify it in the link. you have to click on the item to see that it is. Or notice the cover difference. The fullscreen cover has a pink banner cutting across the top right corner. The widescreen cover has a yellow banner saying "Widescreen Edition" across the top of the cover.

Yeah it's a shame on Pedicab Driver. I'm still very happy with it. The DVD transfer I made is flawless minus that one part, and it wasn't so bad. What happend was it froze, and I thought it would autocorrect itself so I let it be but after about 20 seconds of waiting, I realized it wasn't going to. So I just pressed forward a couple times to move pass it. In all, I only lost like a few seconds of the movie that had like 1 or 2 lines of dialogue.

Jinha
[ * ]
I tried the novus cleaner, i applied number 1 first then number 2.

maybe I did it wrong or should try again. After that clean I played it again and it still gave the same problem in the same spot.

I'll try it once more tho and see how it goes.

here's what the problem looks like. Sorry for the quality, recorded through my phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxuAy7Zk85Q

Jinha
[ * ]
i read that #3 was not for laserdiscs. I'll try it if it's ok to use it, but I never did cause of that article I read.

Jinha
[ * ]
ok i'm confused now :blink:

Jinha
[ * ]
http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdis..._laserdiscs.htm

well i reread it and it didn't say that it couldn't be used for it....just that it was too abrasive. so that's why I never tried.

Jinha
[ * ]
Zu Warriors From the Magic Mountain (Tai Seng release)
Psycho Killer (Chingmy Yau, Francis Ng)
Passion Unbounded (Carrie Ng, David Wu)
The Buddhist Spell (Wu Ma)
What Price Survival (thanks to Cinehound on ebay)

a guy on ebay was selling a group of Jackie Chan movies (US releases mostly)
First Strike -
Supercop - Criterion
The Protector
Rumble In The Bronx
Crime Story
Young Master
Heart Of Dragon
Police Story

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Laserdiscs · Next Topic »
Add Reply