Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NEW COOL BLOGS thread
Topic Started: Jul 18 2009, 09:26 AM (4,232 Views)
Metalian
Member Avatar
Star Member
I changed the URL for my blog, so please if anyone here is linking to my blog, please change the URL to: www.rarovhs.com.ar

http://www.rarovhs.com.ar
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Hey, I just wanna bumb this thread and now that I'm doing it I might as well throw in a link to some new(ish) blog. Any blog will do so I'm just grabbing the first link in my bookmarks and I'm not even gonna check which blog it is... it's probably some shit blog by some douchebag who thinks he knows something about weird films. Pffft, I already dislike him!! :lol:

http://backyard-asia.blogspot.com/
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
This isn't a blog as such but this week I opened a channel ("Psychotronic Broadcasting") on YouTube to post reviews and shit about movies. :o

https://www.youtube.com/user/PSYCHOTRONICbrdcst

My videos are beyond crappy but, hey, YouTube is full of embarrassing and crappy videos so what the fuck, I might as well join in. :lol:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jared
Member Avatar
Star Member
Hey Jack! So this is what you've been up to! Haven't seen you much in the usual places of late. I will check out the videos when I have more time. But it's interesting to finally see your face and hear your voice! I notice you speak English with a rather Aussie-tinged accent! I didn't expect that, although I think I was aware you lived there for a time.
I hope you are well!
Worldweird Cinema

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Jared
Aug 21 2013, 06:40 AM
Hey Jack! So this is what you've been up to! Haven't seen you much in the usual places of late. I will check out the videos when I have more time. But it's interesting to finally see your face and hear your voice! I notice you speak English with a rather Aussie-tinged accent! I didn't expect that, although I think I was aware you lived there for a time.
I hope you are well!

Hi Jared. No, that's right. I kind of got sick of the whole fb and blog world there for a bit. The lack of most peoples' interest in participating in dialogue about alternative cinema finally got to me I guess. You post a hundred posts about fun, wild, exiting and rare stuff and nobody gives two shits. Hardly never a comment, nothing, zilch. Six years ago, when I initially took my writing online I thought it would be a two-way thing (in contradiction to the one-way thing a fanzine is) and that's exactly how it was for a long time. But lately, the past couple of years, it's gone downhill if you ask me. Even here on CH. On dvdmaniacs too. The few fans of MM style cinema spew out post after post and ... nothing. The only blog comments I get these days are from people who beg me to put my stuff on torrent sites. So I got a little discouraged with it all and by complete chance I discovered that there's an alive and healthy horror community on YT. I thought I'd try it out for a while but it was never meant as a substitute for my presence on fb or posting on blogs. It's basically my cottage away from the city. I don't doubt I'll make a return to the (lonely) world of blogging (or fb) but for now it's "Psychotronic Broadcasting" that is fun to do. About seeing my mug; Yeah, I wasn't sure about going on there all out in the open to begin with. I thought about using the ol'e paperbag but then I thought "ahh sod it!". The accent: You are actually the very first to comment on it! Believe it or not but although I did stay on and off in OZ from 1991-96 it was much more living in London that gave me the accent, haha (the fact that I had an Aussie gf for 10 yrs helped a bit as well). It's weird but three years in London and I didn't have one single British friend. But lots of Aussie and Kiwi friends. For a full year I lived and worked at an Aussie/Kiwi hotel. Down under English was all I heard. In the heart of London. :wacko:

Anyhoo, thanks for your post, Jared. I'm well, thanks. Except I'm still without a job and totally skint. Maybe I should try and go back and work at the old hotel in London. lol. I hope you're alright too, mate. Good to hear from you. Hmm, actually the other day I sat around and daydreamed about how fun it would be if you and I made a YT Worldweird Cinema channel. ^_^ Up for it???

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
lack of interaction is indeed a bit of a problem, maybe it's because people have come to like the social thing (facebook & youtube) more than the blog and maybe it's the lack of general availability (you can't keep replying only stuff like "hey, that looks cool") of the Eastern cult cinema.

I never have been a blogger, or a follower of blogs. more of a forum guy (although I haven't really been part of any discussions on here now for a long while... and the trading part has always been a major element to this place anyway). Yet this graphical micro-blog format called tumblr has got me pretty excited. It's not really about discussion, more about presenting a mood... at least in the parts that I have looked around thus far

So I made my own tumblr-blog and it's full of movie and art related stuff already. I think most of my main interest are up there now, so in the future there will be less posts, but this is what I wanted to share anyhow. Might be worth a look for cult/movie fans

http://absurd-hero.tumblr.com/archive

for those who like to talk movies with me, I'm very active on MovieMeter (this is a Dutch language only forum btw but I selected the page with my 5-star rated votes, so International readers can still get a glimpse of my taste in movies if they like).

http://www.moviemeter.nl/user/18049/votes/5.0

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Yeah, I'd been wondering where you'd gone, mate. And you're probably right about the Facebook and YouTube things - they kinda make people go in all sorts of different directions now. It's ironic but I feel the film dialogue is getting less and less the more we get MORE platforms to speak on.

Thanks for the links.

okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Hey there,
first time I'm doing a blog but it makes a lot of fun so far.
[currently changing stuff]

Regards
Edited by okerlo, Jun 29 2015, 12:15 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Sites · Next Topic »
Add Reply