Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ocean Shores; Which ones do *you* have?
Topic Started: Jul 18 2009, 02:09 PM (29,340 Views)
MEGATONE
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Jack J
Jul 19 2009, 06:13 PM
Lars, yes it's slightly cut [I have a vhs bootleg copy] (I haven't sat down and compared the two but reports say it's not very much)

The jap VHS of THE RAPE AFTER only contains a longer scene where an old lady, while cut some vegetables, cuts off her fingers as well as. That's it!
Never saw the original HK VHS, rare as hell I guess!
I have the NTSC VHS of SEEDING OF A GHOST but I guess is a sort of "official bootleg"...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MEGATONE
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I absolutely agree that a movie MUST be seen uncut, and I hate cut movies.
But I wrote "only" because it is just a small bit missing, and saying "small" doesn't mean is unnecessary! ^__-
Btw, it's strange that HK censors cut that bit, maybe the print used for the VHS (probably the same for the VCD/LD) was damaged in that part...

Will do some pics today of my NTSC tape.

MEGATONE
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Jack J
Jul 27 2009, 01:07 PM

I read a description of it online that said it's a Blade Runner'ian futuristic kung fu movie. :D

It's a nice movie, have somewhere an english dubbed copy...
Also available on DVD from the USA.

MEGATONE
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Here are SEEDING OF A GHOST NTSC VHS pics:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also have from the same manufacturer POSSESSED, POSSESSED 2, BLACK MAGIC WITH BUDDAH, CENTIPEDE HORROR, LUI JAI HOME FOR THE INTIMATE GHOSTS.

MEGATONE
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Looks like they bought the rights of this movies for distribution in the chinese rental shops for the big chinese community in the USA. The catalog was gigantic with hundreds of titles, had lot more of this NTSC tapes but trade/sold them time ago...

About POSSESSED have the original HK tapes too (I'm a big fan of this two movies). The first movie is uncut in all releases as there's not so much to cut. POSSESSED 2 is very cut in the HK VHS, slightly cut in NTSC VHS, very cut in the HK DVD (but in a minor way compared to VHS) and completely uncut in the japanese DVD (with forced jap subs). Found around also an uncut divx maybe ripped from the japanese DVD minus subs. Don't know about LD and VCD (if ever made).

MEGATONE
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
LOL, I forgot that I wrote that POSSESSED is cut...getting older is terrible! ^__^

@ Stephen:

Yes, that scene is slightly longer in the japanese DVD, will post soon some clip. Maybe, if anybody is familiar with cinemageddon, will u/l a rip up there.

@ Petcor:

Will give details very soon, maybe even later today. I'm soooo lazy, here in Italy is very hot in this days... ^_____^

MEGATONE
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
WICKED WIFE is another movie where a lot of the interesting stuff looks like finished on the floor after censors cut it out... -__-

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply