Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ocean Shores; Which ones do *you* have?
Topic Started: Jul 18 2009, 02:09 PM (29,860 Views)
Queenie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Hi all, I am a newbie here.

I have a few Ocean Shores VCDs, and a couple of them do not seem to be listed here.

CV-056 95‘É‘„—Œx / The Armed Policewoman

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Queenie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
CV-081 ”’玫āņ / Rose

(Sorry, I don't have a scanner and the digicam pics don't look so nice.)

From time to time, I see quite a few Ocean Shores VCDs, including the ones that are not listed on this forum, on Hong Kong-based online auction sites. (I will post the links whenever I come across such products.)

However, the problem is that most of the sellers are not willing to ship outside Hong Kong. The common practice over there is that the seller and the buyer (winner) exchange their mobile phone numbers, and actually meet in person to do the business transaction! (This is possible because Hong Kong is so small.)

The professional or semi-pro sellers of rare items do ship abroad, but their prices tend to be much higher than "amateur" ones who sell a mixture of widely-available bric a brac and rare OOP stuff.

Queenie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Thanks for the welcome, Jack :D

I just posted a brief self-introduction on the newbie thread you mentioned.

Regarding HK sellers, I actually have a similar experience. If you are lucky, you can persuade the seller to ship abroad. Some sellers are kind enough (or business-minded enough :P), they take requests and try to find other OOP stuff you've been looking for.

BTW, was that you (or someone else?) who, many moons ago, was looking for "Calamity of Snake" and "The Snake Girl" on Ocean Shores VCD? (I cannot use the search function at the mo, but I've seen it in an old post.) I think I've seen them on HK auctions not so long ago, though they are not my cup of tea...

Queenie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
fiol
May 4 2012, 01:53 AM
last time i went to HK vcds are almost gone.. pretty hard to find them (or at least interesting titles).
LDs as well, almost gone (anyway nothing interesting)
VHS ,the place i used to know closed so dunno where to find em anymore.

yahoo auction HK has plenty of stuff (vcds and lds, as long as dvds), the problem for ppl who live outside HK is that the sellers usually do not ship abroad cos they meet in the subway to do the trade. moreover, u need a HK telephone n. in order to register.
I used to do that when i lived in HK

Hi, fiol :hello!:

Yes, I was recently in HK myself and old VCDs were quite hard to find. (I didn't look for LDs or VHS's.) There still is one small shop on Temple Street which mostly sells OOP VCDs. Being a new collector, I was able to find several titles I'd been looking for. All the VCDs were still in the original shrink wrap and the price range was HK$20-35. However, I don't remember seeing any OS products there.

I also went to several second-hand shops in Causeway Bay and Kwai Fong in New Territories. Most of the VCDs were HK$5, but I didn't see any rare stuff.

Regarding HK auctions, again, yes! People prefer to meet at local subway stations :(

Yahoo HK Auction now accepts mobile phone numbers of several countries for registration. I was able to register my Japanese phone number, though I haven't used this auction site yet. (I forgot what other countries they accept, apart from Japan and US...there is a drop-down list of countries when you register.)

Queenie
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Jack J
May 4 2012, 02:11 AM
Queenie
May 2 2012, 03:26 PM
BTW, was that you (or someone else?) who, many moons ago, was looking for "Calamity of Snake" and "The Snake Girl" on Ocean Shores VCD? (I cannot use the search function at the mo, but I've seen it in an old post.) I think I've seen them on HK auctions not so long ago, though they are not my cup of tea...

Sorry, I missed your post two days ago. :wacko:

Yeah, that was probably me. I was looking for both those movies. I've already got other versions of them so I won't pay ridiculous prices though. Which auction site did you see it on? eBay?

PS: the search function is toast. You need to use Google search: Cinehound + "whatever you're searching"

> I've already got other versions of them so I won't pay ridiculous prices though.

Wise policy, I'd say :up:

"Calamity of Snake" was up for sale on Yahoo HK at HK$79 (+ HK$1 auction fee) until 21 March. No one bid, and it was one of those sellers who don't ship abroad...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...a&ct=clnk&gl=jp

"The Snake Girl" is still on sale from HK$95 (Instant Buy at HK$99) on Buystation.com.hk. Most of the VCDs on Buystation are from this seller. He/She has a lot of rare stuff, but I find his/her prices rather high :(

I believe Buystation accepts registration from anywhere in the world, and this seller ships abroad and accepts PayPal. Buystation's admin seems loose compared to Yahoo or eBay, so I treat this site as a mere message board.

http://hk.auctions.buystation.com/auctiond...s.php?id=265598

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply