Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kung Fu Zombie
Topic Started: Nov 25 2009, 12:28 AM (2,126 Views)
spannick
Member Avatar
[ * ]
i dubbed the Mandarin Audio [Japanese) Tape with the English Ocean Shores Audio. they're both IDENTICAL, there is no cut Version of this Movie from what i know.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
spannick
Nov 29 2009, 02:03 PM
i dubbed the Mandarin Audio [Japanese) Tape with the English Ocean Shores Audio. they're both IDENTICAL, there is no cut Version of this Movie from what i know.

Really? :o Thanks for your info, Spannick. One (usually reliable) poster on ADG said there is a 100 min version somewhere but I guess that may be an urban legend due to a wrongly listed running time on a cover or in a magazine.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

spannick
Member Avatar
[ * ]
i'll check my JP VHS Runtime when i find my copy. and anybody got an imdb link? maybe i got the wrong movie, 'cause in germany we have TWO Movies with that title :D

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
on HKMDb:
http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=6...display_set=eng

IMDb:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199148/
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

unuuk
Star Member
just watched the jap tape( daiei video) fullscreen,cantonese and can say that after also seeing the dubbed version there is a shitload of stuff in the jap version that isnt in the dubbed! off the top of my head, a couple of small fights and dialogue(unfortunately dont have a clue what they are saying). therefore the dubbed version(at least mine)...is cut!!

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Alriiight. Thanks for the info. I take it you bought the one Miltos had? B)

unuuk
Star Member
thats the one! bloody awful fullscreen though,a real shame! :angry:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
The irony is that the UK dvd is actually letterboxed.

Sweeney Todd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Quote:

just watched the jap tape( daiei video) fullscreen,cantonese and can say that after also seeing the dubbed version there is a shitload of stuff in the jap version that isnt in the dubbed! off the top of my head, a couple of small fights and dialogue(unfortunately dont have a clue what they are saying). therefore the dubbed version(at least mine)...is cut!!

It's intriguing, but it happened at least one time many years ago. In Great-Britain, there was a VHS with Karloff's GRIP OF THE STRANGLER, coupled with FIRST MAN INTO SPACE and a Harry Langdon short.
I bought one of them in London after having seen one in a friend's collection.
Both jacket sleeves and boxes were exactly the same, from the same company. Both listed the same (false) running time.
Well, in spite of that, the versions of GRIP OF THE STRANGLER were utterly different, one having NINE little sequences or single shots which weren't in the other.
And both versions were incomplete, missing the sequence of the young girl's murder which was illustrated on the jacket !
It wasn't until a DVD was made years later that a complete print was available.

So, you can have the same box for two VHS of a movie - and the versions are different.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
You're absolutely right. Recently Fortune Star put out STONER (George Lazenby) on DVD and VCD in Hong Kong. The DVD and VCD have similar covers and there's no reason why they shouldn't contain the same print but they don't!! The VCD contains the short Hong Kong print but the DVD contains the long uncut print which so far only has been out on non subtitled Japanese DVD. Go figure! And not a word about it on the cover!! :o :blink:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply